+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DIY Speaker Cables

I'm Mark.

Default DIY Speaker Cables

Hi Guys,

At the moment I can't afford some really top notch speakers cables that would cost me around 1000 - 1500 for the lengths I need!

Any suggestions on good copper cable brands to buy from to make up my own cables and fit plugs, guessing 12 gauge is the best option!
    I can spend in the region of up to 25.00 a metre

Cheers
    Mark

I'm Martin.

Why not just buy some of the Van Damme stuff ready made from Mark Grant?

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by tdlt02 View Post
    Hi Guys,

At the moment I can't afford some really top notch speakers cables that would cost me around 1000 - 1500 for the lengths I need!

Any suggestions on good copper cable brands to buy from to make up my own cables and fit plugs, guessing 12 gauge is the best option!
    I can spend in the region of up to 25.00 a metre

Cheers
    Mark
    Top speaker cables don't have to cost that much.

Have a look over my trade page.

I'm Chris.

Oliver (Bigman80) has made me some IC cables recently. His price was more than fair and I'm 100% sure I wouldn't get anything like them without paying a heck of a lot more. I'm sure his speaker cables are the same and there's a few guys here who can vouch for that. In fact along with a few other purchases some of his speaker cables are firmly on my list.

Coincidentally I have been a happy user of Van Damme studio blue both 2.5mm and 4mm but I'm expecting a leap forward when I finally get around to trying some of Oliver's.
    - Linn Sondek LP12 - Ittok III, Denon 304, Mose Power Supply - Ming Da MC 368-B - JJ KT88's, RCA 12au7's - Musical Paradise MP-D1 mkII - WE396a
    - Mark Travis Phono Stage - Gold Lion 12ax7's, Tung-Sol 6X4 - AD Audio SUT - Pioneer N-30K
    - Behringer DEQ 2496 - Quad 63's - REL T3 (sometimes)

- Audio Technica LP5 - AT440mlb - Musical Paradise MP 303 Class D - Jolida Glass FX III - Raytheon 5755 Yellow Print - Beresford Bushmaster II
    - EAR834p Clone - Ei 12ax7's, Sylvania 12au7 in V3 - Cocktail Audio/Novafidelity X12 - 15" Paper Drivers in Tannoy Cabs (lows) - Custom crossover into Tannoy HPD Monitors (highs) - REL T3

I'm Mark.

Oliver,

Having a interconnect cable, and one tonearm cable from you then you would be first on my list if buying new, but I need around 5/6 metres run one side and 8 metres for the other run (ideally 2 x 8 metres but more expensive).

So would be too much at present as I've just spent money on another pair of speakers!
    So either DIY method or wait a few months to save up and make do with what I have for the moment...

Mark

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by tdlt02 View Post
    Oliver,

Having a interconnect cable, and one tonearm cable from you then you would be first on my list if buying new, but I need around 5/6 metres run one side and 8 metres for the other run (ideally 2 x 8 metres but more expensive).

So would be too much at present as I've just spent money on another pair of speakers!
    So either DIY method or wait a few months to save up and make do with what I have for the moment...

Mark
    Ooops lol, I've sent so many out I've forgot who's had what!!

That's a lot of speaker cable

Let me have a look at what's out there, and I'll see what I can put together. Try and get you something epic for sensible money.

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Opti-cal View Post
    Oliver (Bigman80) has made me some IC cables recently. His price was more than fair and I'm 100% sure I wouldn't get anything like them without paying a heck of a lot more. I'm sure his speaker cables are the same and there's a few guys here who can vouch for that. In fact along with a few other purchases some of his speaker cables are firmly on my list.

Coincidentally I have been a happy user of Van Damme studio blue both 2.5mm and 4mm but I'm expecting a leap forward when I finally get around to trying some of Oliver's.
    Thank you for your kind words.

+ Reply to Thread