+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dublin HiFi Show 16th and 17th November

I'm Andrew.

Default Dublin HiFi Show 16th and 17th November

I only found out about this show earlier this week and after doing my usual Grumpy Old Man moan about wishing I had been warned earlier decided to forget that and have booked a long week in Dublin . So will be going to the show both on Saturday and Sunday and have listen and view some equipment I have not heard before and can not afford.

But on the plus side I get to listen to music , I get to drink good Guiness and possibly meet some other fanatics. If anyone is going to this event drop me a line and I am sure we can meet up at some stage even if only just to say hello .

I'm Simon.

I'm planning to head there tomorrow. Have you seen any details? I have only seen the cloney audio info, and a little of FB, can't seem to find a website for the show or an exhibitors list.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Source: Thorens TD124 Rega RB300, Sumiko bluepoint No2., Cambridge Audio D500 Special Edition CDP, Squeeze box Touch, PC with Trends Audio USB Audio DAC UD-10 Amplification: Croft Micro 25 basic pre, Leak Stereo 20, Trends Audio Class T TA-10, Fisher X100-A Speakers:Impulse H6 Interconnects: Handmade silver and TNT audio CAT5 speaker cables

I'm Neil.

Small Naim centric event, not worth the trip (unless you live in Dublin), based on the minimal info I could find online. Anyone living on the UK mainland would be better heading to one of the shows there, rather than Cloney/Naim Irelands mini show.

Got to say its one of the worst advertised with minimal info available anywhere. If it was bigger I would go, but as it is from what I gather its a pale imitation of the shows Cloney used to put on once upon a time, and not worth the cost of me getting there.

If anyone knows different, number of rooms, exhibitors, manufacturers, distributors attending, that would be useful. Without that how can anyone be expected to make the effort to attend.
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 15-11-2019 at 20:51.
    Regards Neil

I'm Jonathan.

The last show they did was quite good I thought, must have been around 2010 I reckon. I will be there, not often you get to see/hear this kind of gear in Ireland without booking a demo at Cloneys. Always good to see if my system is still the best ;-) or not :-(

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Small Naim centric event, not worth the trip (unless you live in Dublin), based on the minimal info I could find online. Anyone living on the UK mainland would be better heading to one of the shows there, rather than Cloney/Naim Irelands mini show.

Got to say its one of the worst advertised with minimal info available anywhere. If it was bigger I would go, but as it is from what I gather its a pale imitation of the shows Cloney used to put on once upon a time, and not worth the cost of me getting there.

If anyone knows different, number of rooms, exhibitors, manufacturers, distributors attending, that would be useful. Without that how can anyone be expected to make the effort to attend.
    Believe there are ten to a dozen rooms. Naim as you say, with Focal. Michi, B&W. Linn. Kef. Rega. Chord. Probably a few others I can’t recall.

D

+ Reply to Thread