+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Fremer said :-

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I don't know much about him as a person, but I am surprised he has such a large following. The equipment he reviews is obscenely expensive and beyond the means of all but the wealthiest. An interconnect cable at $18,000 seems very wrong to me somehow.
    How many journalists do you know who review equipment that the average guy can afford?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    His imitation of a record seller who had suffered a stroke was beneath him, and not in the slightest bit funny.
    I agree, his idea of jokes at times is not good.
    Regards Neil

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    If you organise your gear together, you might have room for more. Making a hifi rack would be a good idea (obviously depends on the weather...)
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    How many journalists do you know who review equipment that the average guy can afford?
    "Which" magazine?
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I don't know much about him as a person, but I am surprised he has such a large following. The equipment he reviews is obscenely expensive and beyond the means of all but the wealthiest. An interconnect cable at $18,000 seems very wrong to me somehow.
    I have read a few of his reviews over the years, whether expensive gear or not, not sure how unbiased they are at times, having said that he has obviously made a good living out of it. To Be honest I don't get the $18K cable stuff, apart form the fact that someone is making a lot of dosh. There are only so many cable manufacturers in the world and I hear too often words like artisan hand made cables, there is no such thing, not that I am accusing him of this. Anyway I do wonder how many super expensive cables out there are just carefully selected cables from major manufacturers repackaged with some nice connectors, and a nice expensive looking box. I suppose you could justify the cost by saying that it took years of investigation and listening to find the perfect cable. Off of soap box now. I'll go and hide in the corner.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    "Which" magazine?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post

Most corrupt website ever.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post

Most corrupt website ever.

I'm Paul.

The envy of the success is a strange jealously we English suffer from. American's are proud to show how successful they are.
    Last edited by jahsavage; 17-11-2019 at 07:35. Reason: grammer
    Out here on the perimeter there are no stars
    Out here we is stoned, immaculate
    The WASP - The Doors

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jahsavage View Post
    The envy of the success is a strange jealously we English suffer from. American's are proud to show how successful they are.
    I don’t think it’s that in the least. It’s someone blowing his own trumpet so hard you can hear it from space, with a noxious mix of disparaging other people thrown in. Like I said above he comes across as a prize arse.

Admire his system or his knowledge by all means. Admire his money if you must (in the manner of shallow Americans - the sort of valid motivational BS that nauseates on LinkedIn). As a human being he presents himself as a complete and utter Willy Warmer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast