+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Fremer said :-

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - I see... Well, whatever it is, it sounds bloody awesome!

As I said, one of the most important things to get right when putting a quality sound system into a car is dampening resonance, and ensuring good isolation, especially around where the speakers are. The total install, excluding equipment and cables, cost £3k, so that'll give you an idea of how much attention to detail was paid in terms of negating the "tin can" effect

You can tap or knock pretty much anywhere on the body of the car (especially the boot where the sub is), and all you'll hear is a dull thud! As the old saying goes: if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I like the ‘Gloo’ record.
    I've always known you had taste

They remind me a bit of The Ramones.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Is this for the same reason some women like to sit on washing machines?
    Well, the female hairdresser, who calls at the house, seemed to get a little 'excited' with the vibrations when I played her some Ice Cube, while she was sat on the back seat, near the sub... "Ooh, I can feel it going right through me bum" (her words).

Of course, I said nothing...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well, the female hairdresser, who calls at the house, seemed to get a little 'excited' with the vibrations when I played her some Ice Cube, while she was sat on the back seat, near the sub... "Ooh, I can feel it going right through me bum" (her words).

Of course, I said nothing...

Marco.
    No, you just turned up the wick then left her to enjoy a bit of 'me time'

How on earth did you get onto the subject of your car stereo with your hairdresser? Is this the modern version of coming up to see your etchings? Had you run out of things to talk about? Were you not going anywhere nice for your holidays? Were you not requiring 'something for the weekend'?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Hahaha... No, there was no damp patch on the seat afterwards [deduced after careful examination]

I've known her for more than 20 years, as has Del! She's a good laugh and loves music and nice cars, plus she's a bit of a bass head. Thus, after having had the new system installed in the car, and armed with said info, I asked if she'd like to hear it - and of course she did!

She also likes fast acceleration (given her a lift in the car sometimes), and when I 'blip' the Brabster [kick down on the accelerator pedal], and she gets throw back in the seat by the 'shove' of all that torque, she giggles like a hyena!!

Yes, simple minds are amused by simple things.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I guess it's like when Freud said 'Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar', or when someone tries to 'explain' a joke and ruins it in the process. Some things, such as certain types of humour, don't require conscious thought at all; you either 'get' them, or you don't.
    +1 Good post.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Hahaha... No, there was no damp patch on the seat afterwards [deduced after careful examination]

I've known her for more than 20 years, as has Del! She's a good laugh and loves music and nice cars, plus she's a bit of a bass head. Thus, after having had the new system installed in the car, and armed with said info, I asked if she'd like to hear it - and of course she did!

She also likes fast acceleration (given her a lift in the car sometimes), and when I 'blip' the Brabster [kick down on the accelerator pedal], and she gets throw back in the seat by the 'shove' of all that torque, she giggles like a hyena!!

Yes, simple minds are amused by simple things.

Marco.
    Clearly the 'Tena' pants you gave her to try out are working a treat then. A music loving bass-head hairdresser? She sounds like a keeper, and judging by that picture you posted of yourself in that Italian prison, she clearly has a sense of humour Only kidding mate, more hair than I've got
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Thumbs down Say 'NO' to the 'Friar Tuck' look!

When your hair's receding, it's important to keep it super-short, especially at the sides and back, as there's nothing worse than the 'Friar Tuck' look!! Or the unruly mop that Chris has from "Eggheads':

That's just *so wrong*, on all levels.... If he lopped all that 'grey tuft' off, he'd look at least ten years younger!! And that dude on the right, well... One word: FANNY...!!

Anyway, Elaine calls every two weeks to cut my hair, as what's left grows very quickly. She lives locally, so it's no bother to her, and she's also friends with Del.

In any case, I only associate with folk who have something going for them and don't bore me, so even my hairdresser has to be 'special'...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

When your hair's receding, it's important to keep it super-short, especially at the sides and back, as there's nothing worse than the 'Friar Tuck' look!! Or the unruly mop that Chris has from "Eggheads':

That's just *so wrong*, on all levels.... If he lopped all that 'grey tuft' off, he'd look at least ten years younger!!

Anyway, Elaine calls every two weeks to cut my hair, as what's left grows very quickly. She lives locally, so it's no bother to her, and she's also friends with Del.

In any case, I only associate with folk who have something going for them and don't bore me, so even my hairdresser needs to be 'special'...

Marco.
    Yup, thats why I cut my own
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Thumbs down 'Home trims'

Aye, but I like the job done properly!

And she also cuts Del's hair, which is just a tad longer than mine, lol (down to her waist)...

But yes, with balding folks like Chris, it's as if they're determined to hold onto every last hair on their head, and so resolutely refuse to cut it, no matter how unruly it gets and how silly they look! And there are TONS of these daftees wandering around. You wonder if they own a mirror

Probably in denial...

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast