+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Fremer said :-

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Reminds me - I was listening to the Eagles the other night (no Lebowski quotes please!) - the album 'One Of These Nights', and although I've owned it for 30 odd years and played it a million times I was struck by just how good it is. Not just the production, but the lyrics, the song structures, and the musicianship. In pretty much every respect it is so much more accomplished than the utter shit that passes for music these days that there really can be no comparison.

So I'll happily stay stuck in the past and just thank god that there was so much music made back then when people actually understood what music is.
    +1 with bells on
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    What's considered shite is subjective
    Well I gather The Pussycat Dolls are getting back together.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mike.

Reminds me - I was listening to the Eagles the other night (no Lebowski quotes please!) - the album 'One Of These Nights', and although I've owned it for 30 odd years and played it a million times I was struck by just how good it is. Not just the production, but the lyrics, the song structures, and the musicianship. In pretty much every respect it is so much more accomplished than the utter shit that passes for music these days that there really can be no comparison.

So I'll happily stay stuck in the past and just thank god that there was so much music made back then when people actually understood what music is.
    To think they originally wanted to be a rock band and nearly gave up before a producer suggested a more laid back style, the rest is history

I'm Steve.

I do feel sorry for future generations - the current crop of over-produced, auto-tuned to death pap will one day be the "music of the past" and therefore superior to what ever will then be "current"

Sort of agree about The Eagles' music - I do like their songs, but more for passive listening. Ideal motorway music perhaps, but I do prefer stuff that moves up and down the gears a bit, and moves away from the norm here and there, to keep my attention
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I have a few Eagles's recordings (on both vinyl and CD) - and I enjoy them. They are, to me, the perfect example of AOR.

I also have most of Steely Dan's output (on vinyl), I don't know why, because I'm not sure if I like them and only play them sporadically.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

I've the eagles going away concert on dvd, or did.. Not seen it lately.
    It was very good
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

Funny, I have a very wide musical taste and have albums from Bert Kaempfert to Myrkur and from Enya to Slipknot, calling at stuff like Vivaldi, Pink Floyd, Jean Michel Jarre, Dan Fogelberg, Kacey Musgraves, James Last, Runrig and Metallica on the way.

But The Eagles are my absolute favourite band of all.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

I'll respond to some of the replies later.

Marco.
    Well?!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm gone.

Classical music - they've all been brown bread for years ....
    Well, err, no.
    There's lots of contemporary "classical" music.
    I was listening today to the violin concerto and 2nd symphony by Latvian composer Peteris Vasks; he's still alive and composing and his music is superb. Very different to Bach, Beethoven and Vivaldi, though.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Agreed - the Baltic State countries are producing some interesting composers. Some of their work is 'challenging', but interesting.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast