+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tellurium Q Blue Speaker Cable

I'm Shane.

Default Tellurium Q Blue Speaker Cable

These are the most affordable in the range. Never heard them. Just wondering have some members here tried the Blue? If so, any good?

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm gone.

It's pretty decent, I prefer it to the Black and Black2, although the Silver is more to my taste.

The Blue is quite bold and reasonably detailed, a bit smoothed over, it's a musical cable imo - i.e. it sounds like real music is being made. The Blacks are more obviously 'hifi' and I got a bit irritated by them quite quickly. The Blacks sound somehow 'wrong' to me.
    If you can get the Blue used it's a bit of a bargain imo.

I'm tony.

I use blue in my 2 channel av/hifi system- agree with Jerry lovely warm cable very music orientated less so hi-fi.

My son has black in his set up, I find it very good unlike Jerry.

All Colin Wonfors cables are pretty special.

I'm Shane.

Thanks chaps.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Craig.

Had Blue, loved it, so I assumed that Black would be better, don’t think it was, however, bought another set of Blue, having moved on the first lot, and somehow it didn’t sound as good as the initial batch, ended up keeping the Black, but, I’d thoroughly recommend the Blue.

If you’re still of an open mind, try some Van Damme Hifi speaker cable, I’m currently using the 4mm variation.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Laurie.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    Had Blue, loved it, so I assumed that Black would be better, don’t think it was, however, bought another set of Blue, having moved on the first lot, and somehow it didn’t sound as good as the initial batch, ended up keeping the Black, but, I’d thoroughly recommend the Blue.

If you’re still of an open mind, try some Van Damme Hifi speaker cable, I’m currently using the 4mm variation.
    Have 3m of blue in my spares box, very nice but bit flat sounding, tried black, like turning on a loudness button. In end used dnm.

I'm Dominic.

I have a pair of Ultra Blue here and they are perkier than the original Blue. Didn't like the Black but I'm blowed if I know what exactly I didn't like about them. Now the Ultra Blacks really got my juices flowing which soon dried up when I saw the price.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Dan.

I’ve used the TQ Blue before and found it to be very good indeed... Never heard the black.

However, to throw a very cheap spanner in the works, the Van Damme blue cable is bloody brilliant IMO, worth trying if you’ve not done so already
    Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by hifilover View Post
    I’ve used the TQ Blue before and found it to be very good indeed... Never heard the black.

However, to throw a very cheap spanner in the works, the Van Damme blue cable is bloody brilliant IMO, worth trying if you’ve not done so already

The Van Damme Blue comes in different thickness. Are yours the 2.5mm ones?

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    The Van Damme Blue comes in different thickness. Are yours the 2.5mm ones?

S.
    I’ve used the 2.5, 4 and 6mm, currently using the 6mm that I bought off here last week, it’s solid stuff and not expensive at all. Some good plugs in it and away you go... It’s been a revelation to me, having used Chord, QED and TQ Blue in the past, I wouldn’t spend more now personally
    Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast