+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My kit and a possible purchase of Tom Evans The Vibe or Tom Evan Groove+ SRX

I'm Peter.

Your avatar, Poul: I went to one Killing Joke concert in Copenhagen but did not really get on with the music at the concert. It had something to do with the sound quality and how loud it was, I'm sure. It was 35 years ago. I will find the albums and have another listen for sure.

The Groove+ SRX is another option that I consider.
    I have thought about going the route of an integrated amp in my small study but I am so happy with my EAR 516 that it would have to be a seriously good integrated amp for me to do that. One that worked even better with the ESL 57s than the EAR 516 does.
    I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazid View Post
    The Vibe is as everyone says, silent and neutral, as close to a straight wire with gain as you'll get. If that's what you want then fill your boots, you won't get much better IMHO.

Downsides? Tom's sense of style is a little challenging to many, and the pots which are made much of feel a bit cheap although they are apparently mil. Spec and excellent. And the Vibe itself weight almost nothing so you can't use stiff or silly jumbo interconnects without them dictating where the pre it going to sit as they will just push it around.
    Mine worked flawlessly FWIW. I sold on when an Arcadia arrived, as I like what that does in my system.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
    had 3 vibes and agree with james on this . in fact i think james bought one of me if i recall but i might be wrong
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Peter.

Why did you sell the preamp on, Phil?
    I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm Phil.

well it has 2 boxes , one is a psu and it takes up a bit of space . it has no remote which is a pain but i did enjoy it greatly !!!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Peter.

Thanks Phil. We will see if I can swing it. Otherwise I will gladly stick with my DCB1. If I manage to do it, I will make sure to tell you if the price difference is really worth it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123