+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My kit and a possible purchase of Tom Evans The Vibe or Tom Evan Groove+ SRX

I'm Peter.

Your avatar, Poul: I went to one Killing Joke concert in Copenhagen but did not really get on with the music at the concert. It had something to do with the sound quality and how loud it was, I'm sure. It was 35 years ago. I will find the albums and have another listen for sure.

The Groove+ SRX is another option that I consider.
    I have thought about going the route of an integrated amp in my small study but I am so happy with my EAR 516 that it would have to be a seriously good integrated amp for me to do that. One that worked even better with the ESL 57s than the EAR 516 does.
    DIY DCB1 buffer (Rod Elliott MM stage) / EAR 516 power / Quad ESL 57 (One Thing bass panels)
    Vinyl: SME 10 - which arm? / Paradise phono stage (coming in February/March 2020) / Ortofon 2M Silver (mm)
    Digital: Synology NAS / JRiver on Win 10 PC / Nuforce S192U USB to spdif/ Line Magnetic 502CA DAC
    Tuner: Leak Stereo 70 / Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner / Dynaudio Contour 1 mk. ii

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazid View Post
    The Vibe is as everyone says, silent and neutral, as close to a straight wire with gain as you'll get. If that's what you want then fill your boots, you won't get much better IMHO.

Downsides? Tom's sense of style is a little challenging to many, and the pots which are made much of feel a bit cheap although they are apparently mil. Spec and excellent. And the Vibe itself weight almost nothing so you can't use stiff or silly jumbo interconnects without them dictating where the pre it going to sit as they will just push it around.
    Mine worked flawlessly FWIW. I sold on when an Arcadia arrived, as I like what that does in my system.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
    had 3 vibes and agree with james on this . in fact i think james bought one of me if i recall but i might be wrong
    1]bel canto pre 3 vbs, ice power amps /onkyo sacd, modwright jolida dac
    sonos, . tannoy eaton legacy 2]arcam a75 marantz sa8005, jolida dac and RFC impulse ta`us , track audio stands

I'm Peter.

Why did you sell the preamp on, Phil?
    DIY DCB1 buffer (Rod Elliott MM stage) / EAR 516 power / Quad ESL 57 (One Thing bass panels)
    Vinyl: SME 10 - which arm? / Paradise phono stage (coming in February/March 2020) / Ortofon 2M Silver (mm)
    Digital: Synology NAS / JRiver on Win 10 PC / Nuforce S192U USB to spdif/ Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm Phil.

well it has 2 boxes , one is a psu and it takes up a bit of space . it has no remote which is a pain but i did enjoy it greatly !!!
    1]bel canto pre 3 vbs, ice power amps /onkyo sacd, modwright jolida dac
    sonos, . tannoy eaton legacy 2]arcam a75 marantz sa8005, jolida dac and RFC impulse ta`us , track audio stands

I'm Peter.

Thanks Phil. We will see if I can swing it. Otherwise I will gladly stick with my DCB1. If I manage to do it, I will make sure to tell you if the price difference is really worth it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123