+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Great Big TT Reveal

I'm Nari.

lovely turntable I have heard this and its bigger brother at great length they are certainly good value for money. The model above is quite abit better at projecting the midrange and providing sheer weight, but this is no slouch either great buy and designed by a man who is certainly a Vinyl nut and owns many great turntables.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Pro-Ject Signature 10 ??
    Looks like it to me.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Adrian.

Yes guys you win it is a Pro-Ject Signature 10, as I said a big leap of faith as I could not hear it before purchase, but so pleased i did. I think this will be a keeper for several years at least.Apart from sounding very good and punching above its price in my view, it certainly looks lovely. The arm is an interesting design, and slightly unusual, but I can hand on heart says it performs as it should, I am getting the same level of detail and more from my Benz Micro LP-S cartridge as I did in an SME and the JELCO, so that is great. So the designer must have spent spent time ensuring it worked well and partnered the TT well.

Thanks to all for the kind compliments on it.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm peter.

Technical Specifications
    Speed 33, 45 (electronic speed change)
    Motor control system Precision generator
    Platter 10.4 kg, TPE damped
    Platter puck 405 g
    Main bearing Ceramic (ball/plate), magnetically decoupled
    Tonearm 10”; single-pivot, alu (SME headshell)
    Effective arm length 254.8 mm
    Overhang 16 mm
    Effective arm mass 15.5 g
    Suitable cartridge mass 4 - 10 g, several counterweights included
    Tonearm cable included Pro-Ject Connect it 5P-CC
    Power supply 16 Volts DC/1600 mA included
    Standby power consumption < 1 Watt
    Dimensions 475 x 195 x 354mm (WxHxD)
    Weight 23 kg net
    a very good turntable ,, A++++++

I'm James.

Is the tonearm a unipivot Adrian? I suspect your speed control will be a little more precise than my VPI.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

Adrian,

I have the same Ikea led light. I noticed that when I had it near my TT arm it generated a lot of noise even though it is low voltage and powered by a wall wart. I moved it to the other side of the TT and things improved but then moved it away altogether.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Adrian,

I have the same Ikea led light. I noticed that when I had it near my TT arm it generated a lot of noise even though it is low voltage and powered by a wall wart. I moved it to the other side of the TT and things improved but then moved it away altogether.
    Exactly the same happened too me Geoff. When I had it anywhere near my TT and valve amp I could here lots of nasty electronic noise.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Adrian.

Hi James, its what is called a restricted unipivot, so the pointed post it sits on is in a slotted hole, so stops side ways wobble, this can introduce some friction but the pillar the arm sits on has some form of friction free coating and it seems to work well. I think there have been a couple of other arms with this type of pivot. Also unusually a S shaped arm on a unipivot. I suspect Pro-Ject may have done this so you could use a SPU, and they do have a good relationship with Ortofon. The arm is certainly able to take the weight of one and on the edge of its recommended tracking force. So might be interesting to try in the future if I can ever afford one.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Adrian,

Mmm that's interesting, I have had some low hum that I thought was due to transformer radiation to SUT, but I will certainly investigate the light issue, and now thinking about it a friend has been getting interference type noise and he has an light as well. I will investigate and advise him as well. thank you

Hibster_2000 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Here is the box it came in, and it was heavy. The top box if the PSU.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Not much of a reveal when you update your equipment in your signature before you post pictures.

It looks like one serious turntable. Enjoy....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast