+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Technics SP10 MK2

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    If you want a turntable that add nothing and takes nothing away, this is the way to go.
    And exactly why I went the legendary SP10 route, cause that is right up my straza

Need to set up tonearm and hear the blinkin thing asap though.

Just back from Steak house with Mrs n daughters and it's late so hopefully by Monday.

Can neither comment nor evaluate til I've heard the thing
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    And exactly why I went the legendary SP10 route, cause that is right up my straza

Need to set up tonearm and hear the blinkin thing asap though.

Just back from Steak house with Mrs n daughters and it's late so hopefully by Monday.

Can neither comment nor evaluate til I've heard the thing

You've waited so long and now it's there, you still haven't heard it??

Good grief. I'd be setting it up now lol

I'm Robert.

You've waited so long and now it's there, you still haven't heard it??

Good grief. I'd be setting it up now lol

Trust me the temptation to do it as we speak is worse than resisting scratching a very intense itch

But, Mrs just brought out a lovely homemade lemon cake, which she knows I like, fresh cream, card and a bottle of Sparkling Shiraz, another of my faves ....

Also, I always set-up in the day when the sunlight fills the room, so I can see grid lines etc etc properly - I'm anal about set up and getting on as well
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post

Trust me the temptation to do it as we speak is worse than resisting scratching a very intense itch

But, Mrs just brought out a lovely homemade lemon cake, which she knows I like, fresh cream, card and a bottle of Sparkling Shiraz, another of my faves ....

Also, I always set-up in the day when the sunlight fills the room, so I can see grid lines etc etc properly - I'm anal about set up and getting on as well
    Lol, fair enough. Can't argue with a bit of lemon cake.

I'm Robert.

Lol, fair enough. Can't argue with a bit of lemon cake.
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Graham.

That looks fantastic Robbie.�� I am sure it will sound amazing. Happy listening!

I'm Robert.

Right guys we have lift off !!

Been nearly 5 months the SP-10 has been sat on the rack, doing nothing but looking pretty, what with one thing or the other.

At long last everything is done and the first album has just gone on.

First I'm hearing it so I'm having a listen, letting the stylus warm up etc, fine tuning will follow, probs tomorrow as Mrs not long gone up.

At this stage, just very glad to have it playing tunes at long last.

Initial thoughts are sounds emitting are good, very neutral but still very early days.

I sense some bedding in is going on, the Yannis Cable is brand new etc and more tunes and fine tuning needs to be done - at least we're up and running

I'll be back..............
    Last edited by RobbieGong; 07-04-2020 at 23:10.
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Robert.

Absolute neutrality, metronomic, timing and pace, system sounds quieter -am i making sense

nothing but the music comes through

Steely Dan - both Goucho and Aja sounded great, then Bob Marley and the Wailers Natty Dread album again absolute neutrality, perfect pitch and just the music ! - live and even, can really hear the I Threes doing their thing on this one, there's a sense they are 'doing' their parts, being recorded. This was their first album with Bob, providing backing harmony vocal, after Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer had moved on....

Sounding superb and just a few hours in, so much infinite info and detail coming through, Bobs expresses, pronounces, phrasings, albums I've played much of my life and know.....even more revealed...... live, recorded music right here and pronounced or is that fully protracted on 'Lively Up Yourself' as i type, serious master tape sound to this one - wow !!

You have my word that this is fabulous.

Two more from Natty Dread then i have to get to bed, working from home tomorrow but I'm elated, heaven knows I've been had the pain, it's been a long long time getting to this point ...
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Geoff.

One of the all time great decks. A beautiful thing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm jamie.

nice one rob,its been a while! im glad its all come together for you.now enjoy!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast