Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
Yes, but that's just arrogant snobbery. No-one should look down upon anyone with the utmost contempt. It's attitudes like that which are fundamentally responsible for the abhorrent class divisions that exist, not only in the UK, but worldwide.

I guess anyone who needs the money to put a roof over their heads and feed themselves (and/or their family), and who isn't too 'proud' or snooty to take whatever work is available, and which facilitates the former, no matter how "well educated" they are. Simples...

You roll your sleeves up and do whatever is necessary to survive, if no 'better' jobs are available, rather than sit on your arse, claiming benefits, because you consider yourself as 'too good' to empty bins! *That* is what many of our immigrants do.

'Entitlement syndrome' is as alive and kicking today, it seems, as it was in 1723

Marco.
I was a qualified engineer but it didnt stop me labouring etc to earn a crust. Pride in oneself is more important.. alas now i cant do bugger all, so maybe all the lazy gits were right..