Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
This is a problem which needs addressed - driving too slow is every bit as dangerous as driving too fast, it makes other drivers often take silly risks to get past them. These drivers (usually older folk) don't want to do their 50mph in the slow lane as they will be overtaken by the HGVs, which would scare them shitless
Absolutely, so that's why a re-test should be MANDATORY, for all over 65s, to prove that they're still competent enough as drivers to be on the road, and if not, then their licences are revoked, before they end up killing someone. It's as simple as that. TBH, I'd advocate doing the same for *everyone* regardless of age, after, say, 15 years of driving, as too many folk let standards slip once they've passed their test, so it's not just an old-age thing.

Quite simply though, If you're 'scared shitless' of a lorry passing you, then you shouldn't be on the road. The fact is, there are too many bloody cars on the road in the first place, and also too many incompetent assholes driving them, so it might help the planet more and also ease congestion, if we had a mass cull of all the cars driven by such assholes

Make it much harder to pass a driving test, so that you have to EARN THE RIGHT to own a driving licence, rather than the piss-easy joke the test is currently (plus older folks who passed much easier tests in the past should be made to prove that they're up to current standards) *and* if you don't pass within, say, 6 attempts, you forfeit the right to drive a car, as quite clearly, you're not up to the task!

Plus make it law that a maximum of two cars is allowed per household, and introduce financial incentives to encourage car sharing.

Honestly, if I were transport minister, I'd sort out the current road chaos in jig-time!

Marco.