+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Well done Kent Police

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, but that's just arrogant snobbery. No-one should look down upon anyone with the utmost contempt. It's attitudes like that which are fundamentally responsible for the abhorrent class divisions that exist, not only in the UK, but worldwide.

I guess anyone who needs the money to put a roof over their heads and feed themselves (and/or their family), and who isn't too 'proud' or snooty to take whatever work is available, and which facilitates the former, no matter how "well educated" they are. Simples...

You roll your sleeves up and do whatever is necessary to survive, if no 'better' jobs are available, rather than sit on your arse, claiming benefits, because you consider yourself as 'too good' to empty bins! *That* is what many of our immigrants do.

'Entitlement syndrome' is as alive and kicking today, it seems, as it was in 1723

Marco.
    I was a qualified engineer but it didnt stop me labouring etc to earn a crust. Pride in oneself is more important.. alas now i cant do bugger all, so maybe all the lazy gits were right..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inactive.

You roll your sleeves up and do whatever is necessary to survive, if no 'better' jobs are available, rather than sit on your arse, claiming benefits, because you consider yourself as 'too good' to empty bins! *That* is what many of our immigrants do.

All very well in some urban situations - doesn't deal with the chronic labour shortages in agriculture (for instance) where a lack of affordable housing in rural communities mean that families simply can't afford to live there, even if they both have jobs. Compounded of course by the very seasonal nature of that kind of employment which gives rise to high levels of income insecurity that make bringing up a family very difficult.

A lot of the villages around where I grew up are now like ghost towns ... stuffed with holiday rentals and over-priced retirement homes. Schools have been long shut down and shops are twee souvenir hovels.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    I did say 'one of the reasons' Marco

As to the 'benefits' argument ... that is largely redundant (as has been pointed out)

That 'Land of Milk and Honey' delusion was shattered yonks ago.
    Yup, I was simply providing another

Thing is, it's not just cash payment benefits that serial 'sprog popper-outers' get is it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of the perks of such, preferential treatment, in terms of council house allocation, so in effect they are given a 'free home' in which to house their 'collection of mongrels'?)

Goodness knows what else they get too, in terms of similar perks (as I'm not party to such information), as reward for successfully performing a biological function.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

I've managed to get by on a combination of intelligence, charm and a winning smile, leaving the hard work for those who enjoy that sort of thing.

I'm joe.

Yup, I was simply providing another

Thing is, it's not just cash payment benefits that serial 'sprog popper-outers' get is it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of the perks of such, preferential treatment, in terms of council house allocation, so in effect they are given 'free home' in which to house their collection of 'mongrels'?
    There's precious few council houses available these days. Many families end up in insecure B&B accommodation. It's not a way of life I'd envy. But, as I've said, education is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I was a qualified engineer but it didnt stop me labouring etc to earn a crust. Pride in oneself is more important.. alas now i cant do bugger all, so maybe all the lazy gits were right..
    Exactly, mate. You do what you have to do, and practice a strong work ethic! If I had kids and a wife to support, I'd clean toilets if I had to, despite being too 'well educated'...

Kids these days also have no real concept of what it takes to make your way in the world. Del had a project she set her students, part of which was for them to outline what sort of income they'd expect to earn when they left college, based on the lifestyle that they wanted, and you should've seen some of the answers....

Most said they 'wouldn't get out of bed' for less than £30k a year (despite having achieved very little qualifications and having zero work experience), and they wanted a nice car and a house, massive flat-screen TV and two holidays a year.... Cloud-cuckoo land.

And you can bet your boots that they''ll continue with that misguided attitude when they get to the job centre, and turn down work that they think doesn't pay them what they 'deserve'!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I've managed to get by on a combination of intelligence, charm and a winning smile, leaving the hard work for those who enjoy that sort of thing.
    Very good!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    There's precious few council houses available these days.
    That's not my understanding of the situation, but I could well be wrong. I guess it also depends where you live. In the major cities, the situation is liable to be worse than out with of that.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Exactly, mate. You do what you have to do, and practice a strong work ethic! If I had kids and a wife to support, I'd clean toilets if I had to, despite being too 'well educated'...

Kids these days also have no real concept of what it takes to make your way in the world. Del had a project she set her students, part of which was for them to outline what sort of income they'd expect to earn when they left college, based on the lifestyle that they wanted, and you should've seen some of the answers....

Most said they 'wouldn't get out of bed' for less than £30k a year (despite having achieved very little qualifications and having zero work experience), and they wanted a nice car and a house, massive flat-screen TV and two holidays a year.... Cloud-cuckoo land. And you can bet your boots that they''ll continue with that misguided attitude when they get to the job centre, and turn down work that they think doesn't pay them what they 'deserve'!

Marco.
    they will learn you cant turn down work persay just willy nilly, or your benefits will be stopped..but there are other ways, im sure many will learn.

As to labouring etc, nowt wrong with it and you often meet a better"class" of people too who will be more inclined to help than hinder too. Ive woke up unable to get out of bed many a time due to overhard work but you get out somehow and at least turn up and try again..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm joe.

That's not my understanding of the situation, but I could well be wrong. I guess it also depends where you live. In the major cities, the situation is liable to be worse than out with of that.

Marco.
    Thatcher sold off a huge amount, and few new council houses have been built since. Detailed info is here:

https://fullfact.org/economy/whats-h...using-england/

But, briefly, the number of council-owned properties fell from 5 million in 1976 to 1.5 million in 2016, and as a percentage of all housing fell from about 35% to about 15% over the same period.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast