+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Valves for Croft Integrated - but which....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Russell.

Default New Valves for Croft Integrated - but which....

I am the lucky owner of one of Glenn's Integrated amps.

It has been upgraded to an active pre-amp as well as an improved power supply.

Currently running RCA 12BH7 and Sovtek 12AX-LPS valves but I'm looking to change things up a bit and was wondering what recommendations you may have?

I'm James.

Brimar 12BH7 - darker and meatier than the RCA which is a favourite of mine by the way in that position.

Tesla ECC83 NOS in the phono stage. Crystal clear with insight and great resolution.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm James.

Glenn is fond of modern JJ's. I've got PSvane's in my RIAA and it sounds sublime
    Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck / Kuzma Stogi S / Benz Micro Ace S L
    Lenco L-75 / Carl Ellis Plinth / Ortofon AS-212 / Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST-7 SUT / Nick G Modded Lentek Head Amp / Croft RIAA

Cambridge Audio CXU / Theta DS Pro Prime

Classé Model 30 / Luxman M-383

Usher Compass X-719

May contain opinions that others find disturbing.

I'm Drew.

Said it before... 1950s Tungsram ECC83 foil getters, not heard anything that comes close.

I'm Karl.

Of the 4 NOS tubes ive tried so far ,including sylvania ,mullard and EH, the 1956 RCA black plate 12bh7A are the best by some margin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Of the 4 NOS tubes ive tried so far ,including sylvania ,mullard and EH, the 1956 RCA black plate 12bh7A are the best by some margin.

I would certainly agree with you on this Karl.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I would certainly agree with you on this Karl.
    Then your a man of exceptional taste Jimbo!

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

+ Reply to Thread