+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turntable - Gold Note Valore 425 Plus in Walnut (upgrade option)

I'm Robert.

Default Turntable - Gold Note Valore 425 Plus in Walnut (upgrade option)

Turntable - Gold Note Valore 425 Plus in Walnut (upgrade option). Made in Italy.

Reposting as a new thread since I could not edit the old one. Cable and price change.
    This is the Plus version of the 425 which means it is either the acrylic plinth version or with the walnut veneer plinth option. Both said to improve damping of the plinth.

Retail is now at £1445 for these versions (excluding a cartridge). A real looker of a turntable.

Now £650 collected or £670 posted.

No carriage included.

There is a tweak/upgrade done to this turntable making it more user friendly and sounds better than a standard version.

Standard Gold Note tonearms have their own variation of a DIN connector at it’s base. This means any cable upgrade options are only available via Gold Note direct at considerable cost. A standard DIN does not fit.

So this tonearm was sent to Audio Origami who 3D printed a bespoke bung so a Cardas DIN connector could be swapped into the tonearm base. So now any DIN based tonearm cable upgrade can be used.

Cable connected at the moment and that which will be supplied is an upgrade too. It is a Y Tome Coppercord with a 1877Phono (Zanfino) gold plated DIN connector. RCA’s are KLE silver plated varieties. This is the cable with cotton dielectric giving a natural tone.

Only other tweak which can be undone is I wrapped the bearing housing with some damping material – this can be removed if wanted.

Link here:

http://www.goldnote.it/valore-425-plus

Plinth is 30mm with special cut out shapes to reduce vibrations (seen in one of the photos).

9” Gold Note B-5 tonearm with Rega fit (geometry).

4mm thick high mass dust cover in superb condition.

Turntable itself is 9.5/10 in condition with only a couple hundred hours use. Cable are still to be fully burnt in.

Tall platter bearing – 60mm

Comes with the original unused felt mat, but I’ll also include an original Ringmat too.

23mm thick platter in high dampening PTE, extra-long platter spindle, minimum platter/plinth distance and high-quality platter bearing - every single feature is in fact directly derived from their flagship series.

Dimensions: 425mm W | 170mm H | 360mm D

Weight: 9kg

Wow & Flutter: 0,2%

Rumble: -75dB

Speed: 33-1/3 and 45 rpm +/-0,1%

Transmission: 70 shores rectified polyvinyl belt

Speed changing: electronic with fine pitch control

Motor: 12 Volt High Torque synchronous externally powered

Platter: 23mm in PTE

Platter spindle: special Split-Spindle™

Platter bearing: Chromed Steel 5mm ball bearing with adjustable brass seat, in aluminium case with two Graphite & Teflon elastic inner guide

Manual link: https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...RE_PLUS_EN.pdf

I'm Robert.

Bump

I'm Richard.

Isn’t this astonishingly cheap? They are a helluva lot more on EBay and this one has the all-important ToneArm cable upgrade and mod. Just saying... Absolutely top seller, too.

I'm Robert.

Yeah it well cheap!

Back up for sale.

It comes with a cart - a Sumiko Pearl that has been Audio Magic Black Out Paint treated

It’s currently connected. Sounds ace ��. Happy to demo (preferred).

I'm Robert.

Now £650 collected or £670 posted.

No carriage included. Should read no cartridge included but it now comes with the Sumiko.

I'm Richard.

Isn’t this essential for long hours of quarantine...? A survival tool par excellence. A bit like runs at the supermarket on loo rolls and tinned soup, before long you won’t be able to buy an affordable Turntable for love nor money. It’s a flippin’ snip. What with the cartridge included and all.

I'm Robert.

Still looking for a new home ...

I'm Philip.

Are the flat cover and clamp included?

I notice in one of the photos that the plinth is supported on blocks not the feet - is that to give better isolation? Did the original feet come with cups to sit in?

I'm Robert.

I’ll include the clamp and generic cover. These are both aftermarket purchases but happy for them to go with the turntable.

Feet wise, the turntable does not come with footers as the tips of the 3 feet are not sharp. But I will throw in 3 small ebony footers to sit underneath as in the photo below.

I had the turntable on a small bookshelf and only just preferred the sound with it resting on industrial vibration blocks with the ebony disc on top of them (what you see in the photo). I’m sure they would be of no use if the turntable was on a proper rack.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipL View Post
    Are the flat cover and clamp included?

I notice in one of the photos that the plinth is supported on blocks not the feet - is that to give better isolation? Did the original feet come with cups to sit in?
    Last edited by Open Door; 20-03-2020 at 11:32. Reason: Spelling

I'm phil.

How is this still for sale? Its beautiful

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast