I spotted these on eBay the other day, I think the distributor is having a clear out. They arrived today and I'm very pleased.

The amp is a Mistral EL34 integrated and the speakers are Mistral Bow IIIs. The amp is very nicely finished for a mid range Chinese valve amp, and pretty weighty. The speakers are 2 way with a 5.25 inch woofer but with a larger passive radiator on the back, an interesting idea and rarely used these days, though it is making a bit of a comeback now (Kef and Audio Physic to name two). The cabinets are a lovely burr finish and are shaped rather like Avalon Acoustic speakers to reduce diffraction (I think). The sloping baffle also helps with driver integration.

Initial thoughts were the speakers are a bit too lightweight and bright (coming from TDL Studio 2 transmission lines maybe not a surprise!) but I've changed the signal valves in the amp to NOS and they're sounding well balanced and quite warm now. I also switched the cables from the tweeter inputs to the bass inputs, I'm not sure how much of the improvement is due to that.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk