+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caiman seg doesn’t remember filter settings?

I'm Neds.

Default Caiman seg doesn’t remember filter settings?

As per title, had set the dac to the 3 flash setting for both cd and Spotify via google chrome audio. Played Spotify yesterday and it sounded dull. Checked this evening, and the settings had gone back to filter 0, I.e. no flashes. Any answers?

I'm Rob.

Hello Mr Neds,

Mine forgets the filter setting also and I prefer to have it on dimmed leads, this setting can also be forgotten.

I've got two Caiman SEGs, one is stock with no updates and it has no problems (excellent kit), the other has the Seg30 with the above problems.

Do you have a SEG30 in yours?

I'm Neds.

Hi meBob. Thanks for the reply. I don’t know if mine was upgraded, as I bought it from anAOS member vie the forum. He didn’t mention it, but I’ve got a feeling that he was the second owner. I only noticed because Spotify sounded terrible. I’d had a week of only playing cds, without any issue, but the cd filter setting had dropped to 0 when I checked. How often does it happen to yours?

I'm Rob.

Mine is happening about 1 in 3 power ups.

If you want to check whether you've got a modified version, have a look at the sides of the dac, there should be a white circular sticker covering one of the four screws that secure the top cover, if this sticker been torn and you can see the screw underneath then it's been opened up and might have been modified.

I'm Neds.

Thanks for the sticker tip! Mine is still there. It looks like it’s been picked at, as there’s a small crescent missing at the top edge, though I can’t see why someone would try to pick it off, then give up? I also haven’t found any other threads about this issue. Stan strikes me as the sort of guy that would be mortified if he sold dacs with this kind of failing

I'm Adam.

I may be wrong on this - but I think I had this "forgetting" settings thing on one of my many Beresford Dacs over the years...

I think Stan replaced the firmware chip and then all was well...

...As I say I cannot be a 100% on this as it was a few years ago.

The settings I think get written to the chip - if you get a duff chip then it stops being written to.

Hopefully Stan can confirm if this likely to be the issue.
    Adam.

I'm Neds.

Thanks Adam. I think it’s settled down now, but I might message Stan to see what he says- it would be a major pain to have to reset it every time I turn it on!

I'm Tim.

To check if the chip is SEG 30 take the cover off and look at the chip it should have it written on it.

I'm Neds.

Thanks Tim. I’ll have a look

I'm Andy.

As a thought keep it powered on then there would be no problems?
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast