+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FS Audio note AN K LX in yew

I'm Martin.

Wonderful things :-)

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Need to get these from Stoke to Brighton, any AOS members help out some of the way? 8 hours is a long time in my van!
    Can't help I'm afraid but if you're passing my way (north London) I'm interested in your Kefs.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Can't help I'm afraid but if you're passing my way (north London) I'm interested in your Kefs.
    ok, I'll pm you.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny nocash View Post
    You're describing my ex Mike!
    At least she had ports.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty38 View Post
    Wonderful things :-)

That's some fancy valves you got going on there.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    That's some fancy valves you got going on there.
    Just plugged mine in, very mellow, bass is a bit underwhelming, did you mess about with positioning to get the bass/sound right on yours? I see you have them right up against the back wall. Just read a really good article the AN J, which I think are very close to the K in terms of size, it recommends right up against the wall with a strong toe in, trouble is that would mean I'd have to remove my TT shelf, damn it, that was a bugger to install! But I gotta try.
    Last edited by Mikeandvan; 08-11-2019 at 12:48.

I'm Steve.

They weren't but upto the wall at mine Mike. Got a bit stodgy and slow if I set them up on that way. Very small adjustments make quite a difference. Bass was dry with solid state amp. Needs an el34 type valve amp to sing.

I'm Martin.

Mine aren't right against the wall either, probably about 40cm away and toe in isn't huge. I don't find they need to be too near the wall, well not in my room anyway. No issue with bass but again, someone else may think it's gone AWOL.... Mine are being driven by KT90s but haven't tried anything else.

Edit: I can see from my picture above they are closer, that was when I first got them, they are further out now....

I'm Mike.

OK, I've managed to jam them right in the corners, will post pics this evening, bass is more pronounced now, sounding quite lovely with jazz anyway. Its great to save the space that my old speakers took up, as they were out into the room more.

I'm Lawrence.

They'll generally sound better with valves that's what most owners use I think.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast