+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FS Audio note AN K LX in yew

I'm Steve.

They're going to struggle in that position I think.

I'm Mike.

Trouble is that TT shelf is obviously fixed to the wall and it was a bugger to install. So was just a short term thing putting the speakers where I have them now, to see how they sounded close to the wall. Will move everything around in time. Listening to some John Martyn now, very nice, they have some special quality that I can't quite describe...…. The Kefs actually sounded quite dead in my room, I realized after I put my Chario syntars back in and the sound cohered much better, if you look at my photo you can see I don't exactly have a regular listening space, with the lounge and kitchen in the same room but separated, to the right of the pic you can may'be see the kitchen cabinet? Anyway, as ever, will run these for a few weeks and see how I get on with them, would like to try them with valves now. Think I'll end up with two amps and 2 sets of speakers, and rotate them, as I love aspects of both types of systems.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    The veneer won't like being close to the radiator for too long in winter.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Actually, I thought I could have used my other radiator, however just discovered the other radiator doesn't work! So.…...lol, gonna have to do a massive room change and place the system on the wall opposite it, which might actually be better, as it has solid corners as opposed to now where one corner is the kitchen cabinet, so not solid a corner!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Actually, I thought I could have used my other radiator, however just discovered the other radiator doesn't work! So.…...lol, gonna have to do a massive room change and place the system on the wall opposite it, which might actually be better, as it has solid corners as opposed to now where one corner is the kitchen cabinet, so not solid a corner!
    Pain. I forgot to mention the drivers can deform and the foam deteriorate. So really important you move them!!

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Have moved speakers forward and sideways into the room, they sound better now, but then again they sounded better when I moved them from this position to against the wall!

IMG_20191108_224409363_HDR by Mike Van, on Flickr
    So am gonna move them to the opposite wall pictured here, away from the kitchen, might be better for the acoustics, a bit more space there as well. See my other speakers taking up much needed space! Anyone want these Kefs? ?

IMG_20191108_224441287_HDR by Mike Van, on Flickr

As Oliver stated, cart was picking up noise from speaker, not much, but sounded odd when stylus hit vinyl, not the case now I've moved them away from the TT a bit. Listening to some Carly simon now, sounding quite lovely, definitely want to make these speakers 'work' in my flat, quite happy to swap around a bit.

I'm Mike.

Main impression of these speakers is that they are quite propulsive, the bass is limited so this accentuates the treble, so you hear a fair bit more detail on cymbals for instance, or it just stands out more, may'be why they're also propulsive, the percussion is allowed more room. They do have a lovely character, but I am finding the percussion a bit too dominant, will hold onto them until I get some sort of valve amp, then see, actually thinking valves might be the way to go for me. I like a lot of 60s beat/rock and wonder what systems were in use then to make that rather dissonant music listenable. Listening to the Kinks Arthur earlier, and the vocal harmonies were once again accentuated so better able to be appreciated, have yet to position them optimally, so further improvements to come hopefully, certainly enjoying them now with some latin jazz.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Main impression of these speakers is that they are quite propulsive, the bass is limited so this accentuates the treble, so you hear a fair bit more detail on cymbals for instance, or it just stands out more, may'be why they're also propulsive, the percussion is allowed more room. They do have a lovely character, but I am finding the percussion a bit too dominant, will hold onto them until I get some sort of valve amp, then see, actually thinking valves might be the way to go for me...
    Some sort of valve amp! You have a Croft pre - I would so highly recommend a Croft valve (mosfet) power amp - lovely amp. Won't be beaten!

I'm Des.

Bourney, did you sell these?

I'm Steve.

Yep, then had them back. Mike didn't get on with them and I asked if I could take them back.

I'm Des.

Ah, ok.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast