+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bi-amp with mixed tubes and silicon

I'm Mark.

Default Bi-amp with mixed tubes and silicon

Hi!

I came here because I'm interested in the WD88VA amp, which I use on the treble side of the system. I saw someone was selling one and I was curious to see for how much and if there were any spare KT88s going.

Cheers,

Mark

I'm Geoff.

Hello Mark. Welcome to AOS.

Give us an introduction and tell us what music you like and what equipment you have in your Hi-Fi system. If you have future plans for your system, we'd like to hear about them.

Join in the chat, it's a friendly place. If you know which advert was offering the KT88 amp, you can ask the seller about any spares.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mark.

I did fill in my equipment under Additional Information in my profile, but I'm not sure it's visible anywhere. I have posted on the advert thread started by diceman, but I've not had a reply yet.

I enjoy a wide variety of music, various Scandinavian artists (Emiliana Torini, Agnes Obel, Kate Havenerik, etc) and some early music where I'm currently into The Sixteen choir led by Harry Christophers.

My main source is an Oppo BD-93, although I usually stream through that from the NAS box. All CDs now ripped as FLAC using EAC and I did experiment with using SOX to upsample to 24/96. The digital streams from that (and the Humax Freesat box) go through a nanoDIGI crossover and thence to a pair of Audio-dg DACs. They feed the WD88VA (treble) and a NAD C 275BEE (bass). The speakers are modified from a design by Wilmslow Audio, which they cut and I assembled. All the cables come from BlueJeans.

I trust this is of interest.

I'm Geoff.

You might like to start a system blog in the Gallery section Mark. DIY is popular, so I'm sure your speakers will be of interest. We like to see what people are doing and what changes they make as they go along.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread