+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does your HD sound?

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Might have helped if they had done their initial comparison blind,
    Why would they do that? They weren't conducting a scientific analysis under laboratory conditions, just putting together their subjective impressions.

Either way, so called 'Blind Testing' is heavily over-rated - doubt many punters would insist on it when choosing a hifi at Richer Sounds

Still begs the question of whether anyone here has noted differences when using different brands for hifi purposes ....

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    Why would they do that? They weren't conducting a scientific analysis under laboratory conditions, just putting together their subjective impressions.

They're writing an article telling people that hard drives sound different. Maybe it's just me but I'd expect a little more rigour in that situation.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They're writing an article telling people that hard drives sound different. Maybe it's just me but I'd expect a little more rigour in that situation.
    I can see your point, however on that basis they are on a par with other ‘group test’ articles featured in hifi publications and often cited when looking for bits of kit.

I have since tried out a range of 2.5 inch drives (Crucial and Samsung SSD, Seagate and Hitachi HDD) in my recently acquired NAS with special attention to any inherent sound characteristics.

Bearing in mind that I had no way of setting up 'side-by-side' comparisons (let alone blind testing..) and thus the time lapse between listening sessions was quite considerable...

.... I found no audible differences whatsoever.
    Last edited by mikmas; 05-11-2019 at 11:49.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12