+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Voyd the Voyd TT, JELCO TK850K 10" Arm, Easy VTA & Ammonite boss, SME arm board

I'm Adrian.

Default FS: Voyd the Voyd TT, JELCO TK850K 10" Arm, Easy VTA & Ammonite boss, SME arm board

Due to an unexpected small windfall, I am in a position to treat myself to a new Turntable and Sue has agreed, she is buying a green house and some other bits for herself.

So my Voyd the Voyd turntable is up for sale, currently with the JELCO TK850K 10" Arm fitted using the Easy VTA collar/mount, this set up is excellent and works extremely well, and is shown in the photos. I will be sad to see it go as it is such a great TT and the arm with it is superb, but the funds from it will go towards my new purchase and I cannot have everything.

I also have an Ammonite collar which is quite an improvement on the standard boss as shown in the photo next it, the Ammonite boss holds the arm much better and makes for easier VTA adjustment, but is nowhere near as simple as with the EasyVTA.

So let's give you some info on the turntable. I purchased it from a very reputable dealer in Denmark in April 2019 who had taken it in PX from the original owner. It is in superb condition and has been extremely well cared for all of its life, there are two small marks on the plinth as show in the photos. The perspex cover is like new and is virtually unmarked.

The Voyd the Voyd is a 3 motor belt driven TT running at 14 volts from the Split Phase power supply, this design ensures the platter runs very accurately with hardly any wow/flutter and having the belt touching and driving the platter at 3 points gives it great stability. The platter/chassis is suspended on 3 springs underneath and it is simple to adjust these and get the platter level in conjunction with the arm used and a suitable record weight, if used. Once set up it is very stable and needs no adjustment. The turntable runs near silent as the motors are extremely quiet and cannot be heard.

The JELCO TK850M 10" arm is in my opinion superb, purchased new in May 2019, and is still in mint condition, it is great VFM and out performs many other arms at many times the cost. In fact it tried it out only as I wanted to experience a 10" arm and was recommended it, and this resulted in me selling my SME IV arm as I felt the JELCO performed easily as well on the Voyd.

How it sounds, the turntable is what I would call a natural and musical sounding TT, it does very good bass and has a great mid range and detailed top end, and gives a very good soundstage and sense of depth. Certainly with this arm and various cartridges, I have tried Ortofon Rondo Blue, Hana SL, Phasemation PP-300, Michell Cusis(Benz Micro Wood S) and Benz Micro LP-S. In all cases the TT and arm worked very well, obviously each cartridge has its own sound signature, but the TT and arm combo allowed them to shine IMO.

Initially I upgraded to the Ammonite collar for the JELCO and this is well worthing having over the standard one, when I went to a better cartridge and second head shell I purchased the EasyVTA boss, this make setting up and changing cartridges a much easier task and very accurate, making finding the sweet spot much easier to do.

So if you are looking for a great TT and arm this is what I am asking for it, I would prefer to sell the Voyd with the JELCO arm together and I think any purchaser would be very pleased with it, but I am willing to split it. You can have some or all the other components as priced below, if you decide to have all then I will consider a discount. Basically I am just looking for what I paid for the TT and a sensible price for the other items

Voyd the Voyd turnable with The Voyd PSU - Split Phase Power supply and cable and 3 belt(2 new) - £1200

JELCO TK850M 10" arm - £700

Ammonite JELCO collar - £40

EasyVTA collar - £100 (retail £149) - I purchased new in June 2019

SME Ebony arm board for Voyd manufactured by Magna Audio - £80

If you purchase the Voyd with the JELCO arm then it will come with the Ebony arm board that is is mounted on as shown in the photo at no additional cost.

Voyd with standard JELCO set up is £1900

Voyd with JELCO and Ammonite collar is £1940

Voyd with JELCO and EasyVTA is £2000

You obviously can purchase everything if you so wish.

I would recommend collection of the turntable from my home although I am willing to travel up to 150 miles from Seaton in Devon to meet a purchaser, but I would ask payment in advance for me to make this commitment. I am more than happy for you to come to my home and hear it working in its glory, it will be left set up and ready to demonstrate, but if the JELCO is sold then I will be unable to demo it.

Should you insist on the Turntable being sent by courier to you then I am willing to do so but this would be at your own risk. I would package it extremely carefully as it was when sent to me from DK and would be double boxed. I would advise on UPS cost including insurance cover once packaged.

P&P of other items will be advise at purchase.

I have taken as clear as possible photos below, if you have any questions please PM me.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

SME Ebony arm board top, this positions and 9" SME arm very accurately

[IMG][/IMG]

bottom view showing threaded inserts for arm bas fixing bolts

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by AJSki2fly; 03-11-2019 at 15:15.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Geoff.

Now that's a proper turntable. Lovely!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Peter.

Lovely, indeed! Good luck with the sale!
    I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm James.

And squeaky clean. Lucky buyer.!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Now that's a proper turntable. Lovely!
    Thanks Geoff
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosewind View Post
    Lovely, indeed! Good luck with the sale!

Thanks Peter

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazid View Post
    And squeaky clean. Lucky buyer.!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Cheers James

It is a good one.

I'm Nari.

Lovely deck and a great person to deal with
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Adrian.

Time for a bump, this really needs to go, it’s a superb set up, shame I can’t keep it, but part of the deal agree with her indoors allowing me to buy a new TT. I am open to sensible offers from AoS members.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

What TT are you going for next? As a voyd user myself I can highly recommend going for this very fine turntable.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast