+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Reiver Acoustics Henley speakers

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Lovely! GLWS but just to note that Don Henley is still alive.
    Thanks Rana, seems I got more things wrong than right in my original post! But that particularly embarrassing faux pas is now fixed ...
    Last edited by ahgee2; 03-11-2019 at 21:40.

I'm tony.

Im interested...need them shipped to Glasgow.

I have a pair of Scott and Colins Eddingdales Srs (pair of 57s Colin fettled and made stands for)

Dont need a demo....my good lady approved of the Finnish.

Are they fussy placement wise/rear ported?

Do they need some power up them?

Whats your impression of them sonically?

Cheers

Tony

I'm Andrew.

Hi Tony,
    I can't say I experimented with placement, since there was only really one place where they could go in my little living room, see the final photo in this thread
    http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB2/v...2c120&start=15
    which shows them in situ. Scott and Colin designed them with this placement in mind, based on a floor plan I sent them. The port is downwards facing, venting into the gap above the plinth (see photos at the top of this thread).
    As for power, they shouldn't need that much at 88dB sensitivity, but I found that they opened up when I switched out my little T-amp for something with some more Watts.
    Sonically, they certainly did what I asked Colin and Scott for, which was to add another octave of bass below what my little Ruark bookshelves put out. I won't say more since, to be honest, I'm not that much of an expert and have not owned many different systems with which to compare them. Much better than my amateur impressions would be Colin's comments on this thread, and also Chris on the AT thread http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB2/v...2c120&start=15
    Shipping to Glasgow? Possible but not easy, since I don't have any packing materials, but something we could look into if there is no other interest.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

I'm tony.

Andrew,
    If you are able to arrange packaging and courier to Glasgow im happy to give them a home.

PM me regards cost.

Regards

Tony

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by ahgee2 View Post
    For sale is a unique pair of speakers, a custom design-and-build by the supremely talented Scott Lindgren and Colin Topps (Reiver Acoustics). As far as I know, this is the only pair built to date. Colin and Scott christened these the "Henley", after one of the prominent Border Reiver Clans and also a tribute to Don Henley.

The best source of information for these speakers is Colin's thread over on Audio Talk:
    http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB2/v...php?f=4&t=6927

I would not be selling these, but for one thing. Because of the rigid Santos rosewood veneer that I specifically chose, they should not be placed in direct sun or up against a radiator. Unfortunately, it proved difficult to avoid the bay window in my small living room, and I eventually lost the fight with my other half to keep the blinds down! Colin and Scott were brilliant, offering to re-dress them in a flexible veneer, but I felt that it would be a shame to dismantle such a beautiful pair of speakers, and that somebody else (without a bay window) should get to enjoy them.

They are around 88dB midband sensitivity, -3dB at around 45Hz. For collection from my workplace in central Cambridge, auditioning welcome if you bring your own source, amp and cables.

£500

Thought they were pro ac speakers at first, look really nice
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Andrew.

Hi Tony,
    You have a PM!
    Best wishes,
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Andrew,
    If you are able to arrange packaging and courier to Glasgow im happy to give them a home.

PM me regards cost.

Regards

Tony

I'm Andrew.

Very happy to report that these are now SOLD to Tony - thanks for offering them a good home!

I'm Grant.

nice one Tony.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm tony.

Im delighted-will post up a wee review when I get my head round them.

I'm Brian.

Nice one mate . You'll be renting out speakers next
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast