+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Reiver Acoustics Henley speakers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Andrew.

Default FS: Reiver Acoustics Henley speakers

For sale is a unique pair of speakers, a custom design-and-build by the supremely talented Scott Lindgren and Colin Topps (Reiver Acoustics). As far as I know, this is the only pair built to date. Colin and Scott christened these the "Henley", after one of the prominent Border Reiver Clans and also a tribute to Don Henley.

The best source of information for these speakers is Colin's thread over on Audio Talk:
    http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB2/v...php?f=4&t=6927

I would not be selling these, but for one thing. Because of the rigid Santos rosewood veneer that I specifically chose, they should not be placed in direct sun or up against a radiator. Unfortunately, it proved difficult to avoid the bay window in my small living room, and I eventually lost the fight with my other half to keep the blinds down! Colin and Scott were brilliant, offering to re-dress them in a flexible veneer, but I felt that it would be a shame to dismantle such a beautiful pair of speakers, and that somebody else (without a bay window) should get to enjoy them.

They are around 88dB midband sensitivity, -3dB at around 45Hz. For collection from my workplace in central Cambridge, auditioning welcome if you bring your own source, amp and cables.

£500

Last edited by ahgee2; 03-11-2019 at 21:31.

+ Reply to Thread