+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TC-7520 only 48 kHz?

I'm Peter.

Default TC-7520 only 48 kHz?

Hello. I thought I'd try the three month Amazon HDU free trial. I have a Beresford TC-7520 that I'm using as a preamp with an old Quad power amp. TC-7520 is supposed to be 98 kHz. Amazon will play 98 kHz but displays my 'device capability' at 48 hHz. Does anyone know if/how I can get to 98 kHz please? Thank you..

I'm Geoff.

Is it 98k on all inputs?

Hibster_2000 Guest

Stop using USB, and go coax or optical SPDIF.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibster_2000 View Post
    Stop using USB, and go coax or optical SPDIF.
    Ah, ok - thank you so much! So that would be from either of the two coaxial inputs on the back of the DAC. Where exactly on the back of my PC does it connect to? I assume I can still use the fixed output (to use DAC as a preamp)..

I'm Grant.

You will likely need a usb to spdif convertor.
    Or use a rpi with digi board and cast the music from pc to it.
    It's unlikely your pc has a coax out
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Or you could fit a different sound card to pc maybe
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Hibster_2000 Guest

My PC has a SPDIF output as standard on the motherboard.
    It all depends on the spec of the PC.

I'm Peter.

Thank you Grant. I just searched online for usb to spdif convertors. They seem to vary in price.. Are the cheap ones on Ebay ok and is there anything I should be looking out for? Would you could recommend any?

I'm Peter.

Thank you Kev. Is the output marked as SPDIF on the back of the PC?

Hibster_2000 Guest

It may have an optical output, or what looks like a yellow RCA plug, or neither.
    It depends on the PC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast