+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakeoff in SE Cornwall, mid January 2020

I'm Paul.

I’d be keen to join in and both dates are OK at the moment. Happy to bring some kit if there is anything you’d like to hear from my list.
    Paul

I'm Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by paul(555) View Post
    I’d be keen to join in and both dates are OK at the moment. Happy to bring some kit if there is anything you’d like to hear from my list.
    Looking at your kit list Paul, the VRDS10 and turntable would be perfect to bring along. The TT should keep Adrian from moaning there isn't one available
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by nonuffin View Post
    Looking at your kit list Paul, the VRDS10 and turntable would be perfect to bring along. The TT should keep Adrian from moaning there isn't one available
    I don’t mind what we use for input as long as its not a mobile phone playing some low-fi MP3 or any other lossy crap, and remember I am imbedded with technology. I just think a TT with a good needle and a nice black disc has a certain je ne sais quoi, oops I gone all Francois.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I don’t mind what we use for input as long as its not a mobile phone playing some low-fi MP3 or any other lossy crap, and remember I am imbedded with technology. I just think a TT with a good needle and a nice black disc has a certain je ne sais quoi, oops I gone all Francois.
    The Devon part I can live with, but not that kind of foul language
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201

I'm Paul.

No probs bringing the VRDS10 but as it’s missing its internal DAC I can bring a couple to play with.
    I’ll have to think a bit harder about the TT, it hasn’t moved for ten years or so and is surprisingly heavy.
    Paul

I'm Richard.

I'd bring my speakers, but they weigh 100kg! There's a Benchmark DAC3 HGC, a #26 DHT pre, a Concordant valve pre, a couple of little valve power amps (Ming Da MC84-C and a 6 watt SET thingy) and if you really want, a pair of Heybrook HB3-2s. And a portable USB hard drive with nearly 1TB of music on it.

I'm Dominic.

My system is in complete upheaval at the moment as I have sold my Rotel pre and using an FX Audio valve one right now, have bought a Yamaha integrated and another one from France but the seller isn't being very communicative. so that might go tits up worse luck. I have my Vincent CD player up for sale and so is my Lyngdorf power amp, so their replacements are an unknown right now. I want a really good CD player next.

My lovely Quadral speakers are going nowhere
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201

I'm Will.

Well I hope people are interested in very big and and very linear valve amps because that is what I have!
    Radford Revival
    www.radfordrevival.co.uk

I'm Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by paul(555) View Post
    No probs bringing the VRDS10 but as it’s missing its internal DAC I can bring a couple to play with.
    I’ll have to think a bit harder about the TT, it hasn’t moved for ten years or so and is surprisingly heavy.
    As part of the swap around process I have bought a DAC which is long overdue. Prompted by the lousy review that What Hifi gave the player I have just bought so an external DAC might be in order.

My seller in France has been in hospital so the amp is on it's way now
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201

I'm Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by Radford Revival View Post
    Well I hope people are interested in very big and and very linear valve amps because that is what I have!
    I for one am very keen for a listen. Heard a Radford pair at a bakeoff some years ago and was very impressed.
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast