+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pink Triangle set-up - turntable expert wanted

I'm Neil.

Default Pink Triangle set-up - turntable expert wanted

Wondering if there might be a PT/Funk "expert" out there, ideally around London, who can make house calls..?

I've had a PTToo since the late 1980s, though it has been through a full Funk Anniversary upgrade some years ago. The turntable spent many years in storage and has been installed again about four years ago. My local hifi shop gave it a service and set-up check, but things are not quite right.

Certainly, the speed control seems hard to get right - in fact, I can't seem to get it quite right at all, and there are issues with the arm/cartridge too (e.g. one album of solo piano music that I have is unlistenable due to distortion).

I don't really want to pack it all up and send it off to the other end of the country. Surely there must be a few hifi aficionados or experts in the trade who can make a paid house call to at least diagnose (and hopefully cure) whatever is causing these problems?

Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully received.

j.

I'm Gary.

I'm a cynic, many times I've heard of "local hi fi shops" that set up turntables, invariably negative.

Doesn't help you unfortunately, cartridge set up should be within your capabilities. Cartridge protractor and VTF gauge you will need, you probably need these for ongoing checking anyway.

Hope this helps a bit.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm John.

London is a big City, can you make your location in a bit more accurate, it will help with any one considering to offer a support.

I'm Michael.

The Funk Firm/ Pink Triangle forum on VinylEngine's forum is the best place to ask advice. I think it unlikely that you will need more than the right advice. Tim Bissell is very knowledgable and helpful. He sorted out a problem I had with my 'funked' PT1.

I'm Clint.

HI Neil

Not London based but the very talented & knowledgeable Andrew the hifi engineer who works at Doug Brady HIFI in Warrington used to work for Pink Triangle back in the day & his knowledge of all things turntable is vast including Pink Triangle. They are a very helpful bunch of guys & i'm sure he would be able to offer you advise over the phone. One of the reasons I keep using them even though they are 25 miles away from me & I have 3 hifi shops in the city where I live.

https://dougbradyhifi.com

Hope this helps.

Regards

Clint H

I'm Michael.

No response at all from OP

+ Reply to Thread