+ Reply to Thread

Thread: counterfeit vinyl

I'm Grant.

Default counterfeit vinyl

https://www.whathifi.com/news/record...nterfeit-vinyl

It's being claimed sellers are using Amazon to sell fake pressings.
    Needless to say this is amazon sellers not amazon themselves.
    Still it's worrying
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Has anybody bought a counterfeit one that they know of? What's the quality like compared to the (often disappointing) quality of modern kosher pressings?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Hibster_2000 Guest

I have a dodgy copy of the Buena Vista Social Club. Never heard the real one, but this has a lot of noise in the quiet sections. Otherwise it seems to play well.

I'm Deleted.

I’ve got a couple of bootleg records, as opposed to fakes of existing records.

Edit: Oh, I see that the kind of records I have is precisely the kind of record that the ‘what HiFI’ article is referring to. I think I have two and both are records that otherwise don’t exist, the recording, name of the album and album cover are all unique.
    Account Deleted

I'm neil.

I don't know whether this is relevant to this thread but I have several 'Unofficial' pressings of artist released titles
    They are quite often pressed in Holland and nearly all are coloured vinyl
    Unscrupulous traders tend to try and flog them off for profit on the Bay
    Some have become quite expensive in their own right due to rarity and the fact that Discogs prevents them from being sold when they become aware of them
    They are generally albums and artists that are sought after

I'm Deleted.

I think you and I are talking about the same thing.
    Account Deleted

I'm neil.

I'm not sure
    An example - I have 2 copies of Laughing stock Talk Talk - 1 Single translucent red vinyl all artwork etc as per original
    2 Double album Red/white vinyl Artwork the same, polydor labels as in the 1991 Greek release
    Last edited by enrae8; 01-11-2019 at 18:47.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibster_2000 View Post
    I have a dodgy copy of the Buena Vista Social Club. Never heard the real one, but this has a lot of noise in the quiet sections. Otherwise it seems to play well.
    How can you tell it's a fake?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Discogs may help, but it can be difficult.
    Asking the owners of the music as to who had rights to press is probably only way for sure
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread