+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions please

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    The purpose was to get views from you guys as to whether or not the term "gay" was derogatory or offensive in the context of the comment.
    I was trying to see if anybody did without making the suggestion
    I suspect that if you asked any motorbike courier if he wore longjohns under his kit in the middle of winter because he was gay, you'd probably get a clump!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I think among friends, gay or not, but in person, it's fine.
    Posting it on a forum etc always opens ones self up to it being misconstrued. Sometimes by prudes, sometimes by agitators. It's become a bit of a minefield tbh.
    As much as I disagree with things like homophobia, I also struggle with the perpetual politically correct crew who must be 'right '
    That's my point exactly

If somebody was genuinely offended that would be very different to being told they should be offended by a third party, or that third party being offended on their behalf
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I suspect that if you asked any motorbike courier if he wore longjohns under his kit in the middle of winter because he was gay, you'd probably get a clump!
    And if that motorbike courier was gay, the clump would hurt just as much. Gay men and women are perfectly able to fight their own battles
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm joe.

It's all part of a massive plot by the Illuminati, Rothschilds, Big Pharma and the Royal Family to turn us into snowflakes via our smartphones. Obvs.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    It's all part of a massive plot by the Illuminati, Rothschilds, Big Pharma and the Royal Family to turn us into snowflakes via our smartphones. Obvs.
    but the Illuminati do a lot for tourism - about 3 million visitors to Blackpool last year
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    but the Illuminati do a lot for tourism - about 3 million visitors to Blackpool last year
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12