+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New arrival - Permali (Panzerholz) plinth for TD124

I'm Martin.

Very nice!

I'm Charles.

Absolutely beautiful!!! Not only the table but the rest of the gear also!! Very nice!

montesquieu Guest

Thanks guys. I've had a few questions about the rest of the kit, it's all in the kit list in the signature, and I just updated the pics to show the rest a bit better.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

That looks great Tom, very nice indeed.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Stunning! Great design and execution, well done.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm James.

Bejesus, I've just noticed the monoblocks
    Is there enough clearance there, must be pretty toasty underside to the top shelf...
    How are the beasties doing anyway?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jazid View Post
    Bejesus, I've just noticed the monoblocks
    Is there enough clearance there, must be pretty toasty underside to the top shelf...
    How are the beasties doing anyway?
    Actually there's quite a lot of room and the underside of the shelves don't get particularly hot... the covers of the Silvercore 833C amps are open at the back and provide plenty of ventilation. These valves are used in pairs in Class B to power AM radio transmitters, where they put out 1kW so they are only jogging along at 20w output to the amps (probably only about 100w consumption).

I'm Martin.

Wow the TT is certainly a work of art. Compliments to you and Russ for the design and thought.
    BTW I notice that the Audiopax has sneaked in...........hows that working for you?
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ovlov854 View Post
    Wow the TT is certainly a work of art. Compliments to you and Russ for the design and thought.
    BTW I notice that the Audiopax has sneaked in...........hows that working for you?
    Thanks Martin!

The preamp I've ordered is the Model 5 ... pictured is the Audiopax L50, on loan from the UK distributor Audioreference, there's been a bit of delay in finalising the manufacture of mine.

The L50 is absolutely stunning, it's the next up in the range from the Model 5 so I hope I'm not disappointed by comparison when it finally arrives. (Having said that I don't expect to be).

I'm hoping to get a shot of the M50 monoblocks to match it that should be an education.

I'm Jack.

Myself and a fellow AoS member visited Tom yesterday evening and were treated to a formidable demonstration of his system - both in mono (top of the range Miyajima) and stereo (middleranking Miyajima).
    There was immense presence to the sound. The leading edges were crisp but completely w/o edginess and the Canterburys went very loud indeed without the sound quality diminishing at all. Everything remained tight and on the money. It was as if the room wasnt there.
    We have both been to visit before but there were many changes (well documented here) since our last visit. The amps from Silvercore (silverwound trannies) are visually impressive, as is the Allnic phonostage (the 'V' version with adjustable RIAA, which we saw in action as Tom played us some 78s of Count Basie etc). As a TD124 user I was particularly taken with the new dedicated and bespoke plinth. Tom's Thoren's uses the Shoppe (sp?) platter and bearing which is usefully massive. Like myself Tom has done away with the flimsy aluminium 'DJ' platter, and has the Rubata (sp?) Cu platter mat, adding extra mass again.
    Im not given to superlatives but the sound from this system is awesome. Well done that man!
    Jack NSM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast