+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Raspberry Pi help for Noobie....

I'm John.

I've put the IP address into my phone's browser and Moode appears. I've connected the Pi up to the amp and tried to play Moode's default stream but getting no sound whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm John.

Or seeing as I want to Tidal would I be better overwriting the sd card with a programme that will be compatible with Tidal? (Volumio?). I thought Oli said Moode was just to get it working?

I'm Grant.

You need to set the i2s hat or dac on it, press set and restart first. Then go and set up music etc. There are other settings too.
    Watch out the volume setting if there is one isn't set at zero
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Yes eventually but would be worth giving it 10 mins to see if you can make music.
    If your prepared to join volumio then you will get the tidal link

Volumio also has a walk through wizard
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

Moode setup guide: https://github.com/moode-player/mood.../www/setup.txt

Look in particular at 'Player Setup and Configuration'.

Bigman80 Guest

As stated, you need to allocate the correct player.

See the linked set up.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by jonners View Post
    Moode setup guide: https://github.com/moode-player/mood.../www/setup.txt

Look in particular at 'Player Setup and Configuration'.
    Cheers but I've looked through that and I don't understand what half of it means. I tried setting the DAC to Allo Boss, setting and rebooting bit still no sound.

I kind of thought this unit was ready to go, had no idea it would be this complicated.

I'm Grant.

Maybe best u go volumio. Its wizard is fairly foolproof to get going.
    There are radio stations still I think so these should be good to test with. As I say depending on how it's set up make sure the circular vc type control is at 100
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    Cheers but I've looked through that and I don't understand what half of it means. I tried setting the DAC to Allo Boss, setting and rebooting bit still no sound.

I kind of thought this unit was ready to go, had no idea it would be this complicated.

Believe me, it can be far more complicated lol.

It looks daunting at the minute but honestly, stick with it and it'll make sense.

I did pm you yesterday. I'm happy to video call you and help you set it up.

Easier with an older version Of Volumio Tbh but at least you now know you can find it online with moode.

I'm John.

Hi Oli, I've tried to do the setup and I have got it to play the voice test but can't get any sound when I stream one of the radio stations.

Will I be better loading Volumio onto it instead of Moode?

Thanks for the offer of a video call, maybe an option if I don't get it set up from the instructions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast