+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Raspberry Pi help for Noobie....

I'm Richard.

Why problems with an Apple? Mine works perfectly.

Don't give up!

R

I'm John.

No it's not an Mac it's a Windows laptop. I have downloaded the latest Moode software and BalenaEtcher but I don't have anyway of getting data onto a Micro sd card. Will try and get hold of a card reader tomorrow and take it from there.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

To be honest, if you are using a windows laptop, then flashing the SD card is easier than on a Mac (I have both).
    Forgive me if you are already aware, but you will need to format the card
    I use SD Card Formatter
    Then I use Win32DiskImager (never used Balenaetcher- it might be as easy).
    It will help you locate your image file (MOode) and the SD card on the reader through Device tab.

Just also wanted to add that you cannot play Tidal directly from MOode.
    Tidal can be played through it by identifying the pi as a UPNP point, and playing Tidal from elsewhere (Audirvava in my case).
    It sounds more complicated than it really is.

I'm Grant.

It was said to try moode to see if it could be got to work as volumio isn't showing.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    To be honest, if you are using a windows laptop, then flashing the SD card is easier than on a Mac (I have both).
    Forgive me if you are already aware, but you will need to format the card
    I use SD Card Formatter
    Then I use Win32DiskImager (never used Balenaetcher- it might be as easy).
    It will help you locate your image file (MOode) and the SD card on the reader through Device tab.

Just also wanted to add that you cannot play Tidal directly from MOode.
    Tidal can be played through it by identifying the pi as a UPNP point, and playing Tidal from elsewhere (Audirvava in my case).
    It sounds more complicated than it really is.
    Thanks, will see if I can get it working first and then try Tidal after that. Just need to get a card reader from somewhere tomorrow.

Bigman80 Guest

You could just as easily reflash it with an older version of Volumio but as Grant said, it's just to see if we can get John up and running. It'll also make more sense if he can see it working.

I believe I had to use a UpNP like bubbleplayer to get tidal to play via Volumio so no great shakes having moose or Volumio from that perspective, unless someone knows a way of using Volumio directly.

Bigman80 Guest

Oh, balanetcher does all the formatting for you, simple drag and drop, select the SD and press go.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    No it's not an Mac it's a Windows laptop. I have downloaded the latest Moode software and BalenaEtcher but I don't have anyway of getting data onto a Micro sd card. Will try and get hold of a card reader tomorrow and take it from there.

Cheers

Doh thought you were the OP, very confusing thread

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm John.

Right, that worked. I've flashed Moode to the sd card using a card reader, put it back in the Pi and the router is now recognising it.

So what do I do next?

I'm Grant.

Not sure if moode has a set up wizard or not.
    If you have a spare sd min 8gb, pref 16gb.(if mem serves) you could do one for volumio too. Looking possible the original card program was corrupt.
    Meanwhile you need to go through settings. Tell it what hat you have etc, where music is.
    There is a how to, or was on the moode website, if there is no on board wizard
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast