+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raspberry Pi help for Noobie....

I'm Russell.

Default Raspberry Pi help for Noobie....

Hoping someone can help me into the world of RPI.

I've recently bought a set up consisting of a Raspberry Pi 2 B with Hifiberry Digi Pro.

I use Mac IOS only so wondering the best way to set it up? I've been told Volumio but having trouble getting that onto the SD card as my Mac won't allow Etcher (been told it's the new Catalina IOS that's blocking such programs)?

Also I use Tidal HiFi on my main system streamer so looking for something that can integrate seamlessly so any help anyone can provide as to how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeman1973 View Post

I've recently bought a set up consisting of a Raspberry Pi 2 B with Hifiberry Digi Pro.

I use Mac IOS only so wondering the best way to set it up? I've been told Volumio but having trouble getting that onto the SD card as my Mac won't allow Etcher (been told it's the new Catalina IOS that's blocking such programs)?

Also I use Tidal HiFi on my main system streamer so looking for something that can integrate seamlessly so any help anyone can provide as to how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Hi Russell

I saw your post and am working on it I am just finishing testing that the solution I have works. If it does I will post explicit instructions.

Cheers

Adrian
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Russell.

Adrian, this is very kind of you, thanks in advance for your help.

I'm Adrian.

Thanks.

OK Russell

So this it what I did, and this is after downloading the current version of balenaEtcher onto my MacBook which is running Catalina.

Go to System preferences and select "Security and Privacy", click on the Lock(bottom left of the window) and enter you Mac logon password.

In the left hand list select the click on the + sign under the "Allow apps below to access data" list, you will now be presented with a Finder navigation window, click on Applications in the left hand column in then in the list of Apps in the right column find balenaEtcha and click on it. Then click on the Open button. You should now see balenaEtcher in the list above with a tick by it, close the System Preferences window

Now go to Spotlight (click on the magnifying glass at the top right of the screen), type in Terminal and press return key to open it, alternatively go to the Applications folder and at the bottom you will find the Utilities folder, in there is Terminal click on it to open it. Once you have a new Terminal window open you can copy and paste the commands in RED below, and after each one you press the return key.

To copy position cursor at start of command and the click and drag to highlight the whole command, then hold down the command key followed by the C key(this will copy what you have highlighted.

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/balenaEtcher.app

Now go to the open Terminal window and click on it, then hold the cmd key followed by the V key, this will paste the copied command above into the Terminal window, now press enter.

Now copy and paste the sudo command below into Terminal, as you did the one above and then press enter. Then follow the instructions below it, balenaEtcher should ope and you can make the image.

sudo /Applications/balenaEtcher.app/Contents/MacOS/balenaEtcher

Type password for user. Then do not touch the Terminal screen and leave it open go to the belenaEtcher panel and....
    Then Select image & USB drive Then press Flash
    Then it starts working & Successfully Flashed

Once finished the flash you can remove it and then put it into the Rpi and boot up and continue the configuration for Volumio. By the way you can access TIDAL from within Volumio but you need a base level account, you go to MyVolumio and select the type of account you want.

Have fun!

Here is a snapshot of the end result of the image I did following the above.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Edward.

Good grief Adrian, that is exceedingly kind of you to go to all that to help Russell. I'm seriously impressed. 10/10
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Russell.

Thanks for taking the time to do this Adrian, it is very kind of you.

I now have an SD card with the Boot files for the Pi on it so will install when I get home and hopefully be able to complete the rest of the set up from there, if not I may be back asking for further assistance!

Thanks again.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    OK Russell

So this it what I did, and this is after downloading the current version of balenaEtcher onto my MacBook which is running Catalina.

Go to System preferences and select "Security and Privacy", click on the Lock(bottom left of the window) and enter you Mac logon password.

In the left hand list select the click on the + sign under the "Allow apps below to access data" list, you will now be presented with a Finder navigation window, click on Applications in the left hand column in then in the list of Apps in the right column find balenaEtcha and click on it. Then click on the Open button. You should now see balenaEtcher in the list above with a tick by it, close the System Preferences window

Now go to Spotlight (click on the magnifying glass at the top right of the screen), type in Terminal and press return key to open it, alternatively go to the Applications folder and at the bottom you will find the Utilities folder, in there is Terminal click on it to open it. Once you have a new Terminal window open you can copy and paste the commands in RED below, and after each one you press the return key.

To copy position cursor at start of command and the click and drag to highlight the whole command, then hold down the command key followed by the C key(this will copy what you have highlighted.

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/balenaEtcher.app

Now go to the open Terminal window and click on it, then hold the cmd key followed by the V key, this will paste the copied command above into the Terminal window, now press enter.

Now copy and paste the sudo command below into Terminal, as you did the one above and then press enter. Then follow the instructions below it, balenaEtcher should ope and you can make the image.

sudo /Applications/balenaEtcher.app/Contents/MacOS/balenaEtcher

Type password for user. Then do not touch the Terminal screen and leave it open go to the belenaEtcher panel and....
    Then Select image & USB drive Then press Flash
    Then it starts working & Successfully Flashed

Once finished the flash you can remove it and then put it into the Rpi and boot up and continue the configuration for Volumio. By the way you can access TIDAL from within Volumio but you need a base level account, you go to MyVolumio and select the type of account you want.

Have fun!

Here is a snapshot of the end result of the image I did following the above.

[IMG][/IMG]
    nice write up Adrian. might have save that somewhere for the site for others
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

I now have an SD card with the Boot files for the Pi on it so will install when I get home and hopefully be able to complete the rest of the set up from there, if not I may be back asking for further assistance!

Thanks again.
    You are welcome Russell, you just need you friendly Genie around, I wanted to ensure I could re-install if necessary anyway, I will pop back in my bottle now.

I'm Geoff.

Thanks again.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex2r86G0sdc

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Weeman1973
    View Post

Thanks again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex2r86G0sdc
    Sorry Geoff, that's too esoteric even for me, I just don't get it, explain please

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast