Hello all - long time lurker here. Thought it was about time I said hello to everyone and posted something. It's taken me quite some time to get around to posting here as I'm not much of a social media type. A pint of bitter and a chin wag in the pub is far more my style.

However, I also want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has contributed to this splendid forum over the past few years. During my numerous lurks I have garnered significant qualities of useful information, handy tips and sage advice. I have also whiled away many a happy hour in the various threads that have caught my attention.

I'm a huge fan of both types of music - country and western (not true. I actually like almost all types of music except C&W... Oh, and rap. Not keen on rap... or opera, now that I come to think of it... or Scandinavian death metal... or anything that might involve Kenny G, Phil Collins or the Nolan Sisters. And I'm not that keen on Mozart either...).

Anyway, my current system is an AT440mlb in an SME 3009 S2 on a Garrard 401 into an NVA phono stage. My pre amp and mono blocks are far east valve units of dubious parentage that actually started to sound quite nice once I'd swapped out their budget valves. Speakers tend to come and go on a fairly regular basis, but are currently B&W 601s. I have a pair of Magneplaner SMGa waiting in the wings, but I don't think my valve monos will enjoy meeting them.

Well that's enough of my nonsense for now.

It's good to be here on AOS - Steve