+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer PL-12D boxed with unipivot and original arms

I'm Lawrence.

Default Pioneer PL-12D boxed with unipivot and original arms

I've posted recently about this on another thread. The arm was made by a precision aerospace engineer at Smiths Industries and should be very good. The TT is in its original box and the lid is in superb condition, I thought it was NOS when I opened it up.

The original Pioneer arm with what looks like all the fittings are in a box. The TT has a Shure M95ED fitted (box/case included) and the original M75ED also comes in its box.

The Pioneer plinth has been painted very well in black which I think looks very nice. It's a good job as I thought it was the original colour until I looked at the back and saw it was the original wood colour there. Some people will prefer the more modern look I'm sure.

There's some sort of bias or anti skate mechanism on the new arm I don't quite understand but it works ok hanging free as in the photo. The buyer might be able to work out what to do as I'm sure it's a very well thought out design.

I thought someone might like it as it is, just a gentle service needed, or be able to restore the TT to its original arm and use the unipivot on a Lenco or something. I imagine there would be demand for the original TT in the box in such great condition. I played a 33 and a 45 on it and they sounded very nice.

I'd like £195 collected for this please which I think is very fair for a well engineered unipivot arm and a near mint boxed PL-12D.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 27-10-2019 at 22:40.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

IMO the unipivot arm alone is worth the asking price. GLWS
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

Some more photos

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    IMO the unipivot arm alone is worth the asking price. GLWS
    Thanks Barry, the main thing is that it needs to find a new home and be looked after, I promised the maker's son it would go to a loving home. I don't want the risk of trying to do something myself and damaging the arm so I'd like it to go to someone who knows what they're doing!!

Last edited by Lawrence001; 27-10-2019 at 14:01.

I'm Lawrence.

Actually sorry for anyone reading thus far, I'll put this sale on hold while I look at the arm a bit more. Just thinking about how competent the maker is, it could be a real cracker. I just need to work out how I can find out! If I can tell his son the professional opinion is it's really good he'll be well chuffed!

I'm Deleted.

To be honest, I think the ‘home made’ arm is nicer than the turntable.
    Account Deleted

I'm Grant.

Home made is, financially, "home made" alas so it reduces value but if it works well, id say package is underpriced. 250/300 i'd think
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Thanks guys what I'll do when I have time tonight is try and dismount the arm and see how hard it is to disconnect as the main issue is that it's mounted on the Pioneer. If it's relatively easy to get it off I'll have a better idea of what to do.

I'm Lawrence.

Ok so I got the top off the Pioneer and the wire is delicately soldered to a little board where the upgraded phono leads come off and I don't want to take any risks myself, I'd rather this went to a good home with someone experienced in such matters. On that basis I'll happily sell the package for £195 to someone who will give it a good home. That could mean servicing the TT as is, or restoring to stock and mounting the unipivot arm to a better table, I'm thinking probably a Lenco or another idler. The only thing I ask is that they don't just stick the whole package on eBay as is to make some money, I'd like to report back that the arm is being used by someone who understands it.

Last edited by Lawrence001; 27-10-2019 at 22:39.

I'm Lawrence.

On reflection £195 is ok for someone who can do something with this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast