+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warped vinyl frustration

I'm Drew.

Default Warped vinyl frustration

I'm getting really peed off about the amount of grossly warped vinyl I've come across with new purchases in the last year. I'd say at least 70% of purchases in the last few months have exhibited levels of unacceptable warping. I know I'm not alone here; it's about time consumers got together to register their frustration. No use having flash packaging and 180g vinyl if it spins like a drunken frisbee...
    Last edited by da2222; 26-10-2019 at 20:41.

I'm John.

I find that also. Many pressings are woefully short of the original recording quality as well. Have to think very carefully nowadays of buying any new vinyl.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Grant.

Dont think ive ever had a badly warped one.. had the occasional slight hump which n my book isnt great but if it plays ok i get over it. I wouldnt accept a bad warp.
    Dishing is more common to me
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Probably less than 10% of mine have an issue to be fair and since buying the Blue Note Tone Poet and 80th releases this year it's probably less than 10% now as all of those have been perfect in all ways.

I'm Steve.

I think I've been quite lucky, although I did buy a copy of David Gilmour's 'Rattle That Lock' in Bulgaria last year, and when I got it home I found it was dished so mush I could keep fruit in it. I blamed Mrs. P's mad suitcase-packing skills at the time, but it probably wasn't her after all.

I'm tempted to go with secondhand earlier releases, but I don't know where I'll ever get a thirty year old copy of something that was only produced last year
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by da2222 View Post
    I'm getting really peed off about the amount of grossly warped vinyl I've come across with new purchases in the last year. I'd say at least 70% of purchases in the last few months have exhibited levels of unacceptable warping. I know I'm not alone here; it's about time consumers got together to register their frustration. No use having flashing packaging and 180g vinyl if it spins like a drunken frisbee...
    Amazon perchance?

I've had to return about a third of my Amazon LPs not only for warping mind you.

I'm Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Amazon perchance?

I've had to return about a third of my Amazon LPs not only for warping mind you.
    Amazon, but not only... not to mention noise, clicks and pops

I'm Grant.

Scratches are the most common thing I got. Often I'm sure because they had been played before even tho meant to be new.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nat.

Unfortunately this is a very common issue with new vinyl. If possible check where the record has been pressed, RTI and Pallas are very good though you'll probably pay a premium. Reissues like the Tone Poet mentioned above, Analogue Productions, Mofi, Speakers Corner and Pure Pleasure will all cost around £30 but is worth the extra in my experience of course this doesn't help with new releases of new music.
    The Michell Engineering record clamp does a great job of flatening slightly warped records.

I'm Martin.

A lot of mine come from Amazon, if only for the sheer ease of returns, and of those I do return I'd say most are for warps, some have scuffs too but not many. I get very, very few clicks or pops but I do put everything through my RCM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast