+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kralk speakers at Meister towers

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Cheers Steve. I believe the maker offers some kind of home audition service? Did you avail yourself of this?
    No, I had been without proper speakers for some weeks and been waiting on this pair being traded in, the owner having regretted having the level dials placed at the rear (which would have been my preference too) wanting to trade in for a new pair with dials on the front baffle. Once I knew that Alan had them there I borrowed my son in laws van and drove to Wakefield to collect them. Spending an hour or so with Alan listening to my test disc I fell in love with them. I would however take It all up on there home trial service as you really need to hear them with your own kit. I am using a Vincent integrated with them and they seem made for each other.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Your setup looks really nice Steve! Enjoy!
    Thank you Timothy. Very kind.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    No, I had been without proper speakers for some weeks and been waiting on this pair being traded in, the owner having regretted having the level dials placed at the rear (which would have been my preference too) wanting to trade in for a new pair with dials on the front baffle. Once I knew that Alan had them there I borrowed my son in laws van and drove to Wakefield to collect them. Spending an hour or so with Alan listening to my test disc I fell in love with them. I would however take It all up on there home trial service as you really need to hear them with your own kit. I am using a Vincent integrated with them and they seem made for each other.
    Thanks once again Steve, they sound like a no brainer at that price to be honest.

I'm Steve.

Thanks once again Steve, they sound like a no brainer at that price to be honest.
    There is a pair of the TDB10's for sale on PFM. Well worth a punt Roy.

I'm sorted.

There is a pair of the TDB10's for sale on PFM. Well worth a punt Roy.
    I'd have to have the 12s Steve (after the 15" Ardens). The speakers I'm using at the moment have active subs so I'm used to bass with a bit of gravitas

I'm Edward.

Oh my those speakers look superb and judging from what I read elsewhere probably compares favourably with the likes of Harbeths etc (costing a multiple).

Steve, how are finding the Topping DAC? From your pic the dac seems to be under the triangle and the PSU next to the Walkers box. Or am I mistaken?

Did you try out some hirez files?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Oh my those speakers look superb and judging from what I read elsewhere probably compares favourably with the likes of Harbeths etc (costing a multiple).

Steve, how are finding the Topping DAC? From your pic the dac seems to be under the triangle and the PSU next to the Walkers box. Or am I mistaken?

Did you try out some hirez files?
    Hi Edward. Good to hear from you. Yes indeed the speakers really are a blast from the past and i love them for that. Loads of bang for the buck. Just listened to Pink Floyd on them and they blew me away. Yes indeedly doodly, the Topping DAC is doing exactly what i bought it for which is allowing me to connect my laptop to the system. Yes i had a listen to some of the files. The spagetti western stuff was great. Could you send me that again please Edward, And ELO Out Of The Blue sounded grand. Many thanks for that.

I'm Steve.

I'd have to have the 12s Steve (after the 15" Ardens). The speakers I'm using at the moment have active subs so I'm used to bass with a bit of gravitas
    I tend to Agree with you Roy. Get in touch with Alan at Kralk. He will sort you out. http://kralkaudio.com/

I'm Edward.

Pity you are mot nearby Steve. Would love to have a listen to your setup and also try a different Dac.

I'll dig out the files and send you a PM.

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm sorted.

I tend to Agree with you Roy. Get in touch with Alan at Kralk. He will sort you out. http://kralkaudio.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast