+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [FS] SME 3009R - no box - what you see is what you get

I'm Peter.

Double post
    I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosewind View Post
    Withdrawn from sale as neither the counter-weight nor the anti-skating weigt is genuine.

I would have hoped that someone in the know here would have told me.
    Errr who told you they are not genuine!?
    I have a 3012R and your bits look pretty darn genuine to me!

Oh btw it’s not others responsibility to correct your listing
    On such an obscure detail!
    I’m sure if someone knew they’d have said!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Peter.

Of course you are right. I will get to the bottom of this. This is what the German expert told me.

Dear Peter,

thanks for the pictures. The tonearm is not original at all. The counterweight and the antiskating weight are copies and not original. I service only tonearm in original condition. The original counterweights are as spares available, but expensive.

--
    Mit freundlichen Grüssen, Best regards, Met vriendelijke groet, Salutations distinguées, Distinti saluti, Med venlig hilsen

Robert Graetke
    I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm Lawrence.

I'm not an SME expert as I only have an old 3009 but looking at the close up photos the knurling on the screw on the counterweight looks a bit DIY (reminds me of my GCSE metalwork project) and the notches on the screw for the anti skate weight similarly don't look as tidy as I would have expected.

This then leads me to look at the grooves and the edges at the end of the counterweight and I'm wondering if they are not as well finished and clean as would be expected.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 12-11-2019 at 08:09.

I'm Peter.

Thanks. I will post closeups tomorrow.

I'm inactive.

This site might help you track down any inconsistencies with your tonearm:

http://www.analogue-classics.com/htm...09___3012.html

There are copious photos and brochures with details - looking at them it would seem that although the weights look very similar, the knurled retaining knobs lack the finesse of the machined originals (as has been pointed out)

(this image can be viewed in more detail on their site)

I'm Peter.

The arm is genuine. I will start a new sales thread. Poul Mathiasen from Dansk Audio Teknik will certify this to anyone who wants to know. So the two so-called experts were wrong. SME UK also said it was genuine as far as they could tell from the photos.

This sales thread is closed. I will create a new one with a new price now that I am sure that the arm is right and you have the certainty that the arm is genuine.
    Last edited by Rosewind; 13-11-2019 at 17:57.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12