+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Caiman Seg mods, with a litle bit of my personal choices

I'm Francisco.

Default Caiman Seg mods, with a litle bit of my personal choices

Hello, I purchased a Caiman Seg yesterday, this is my fourth Beresford dac.
    First it was the first Bushmaster, and no mods on it. About 9 years ago, may be.
    Then a TC7510, this year, plenty of mods, most learned here, of course, but I ad my choice of components. I made a threat here in the TAS about these TC mods. I really love this dac after mods, this is an old dac, but the sound is very good today. Creamy.
    Last month I found a second hand Bushmaster MKII and tweaked it. I am still making mods on it and it's amazing how much it's improved, and I did not ad the Dorado yet, nor the litle supercaps that I already ordered, not the tolkin ones. I copied the mods I've been seeing in this forum and other web sites, but I made some different choices about the parts, , brand choices... based on my diy experiences in other projects. I will refer to my choices in the process of the mods of my Caiman Seg, wich is on the way to my house.
    By the way, this is the first Beresford dac that I bought NEW, this time my mods are not so late as the others I've done before, like the TC7510 mods.

I am so pleased with the sound of the Bush MKII after the mods, (not finished yet), and in the same time it was so fun, that I decided to sell my Soekris dam 1921 with all the fancy, difficult to make diy dedicated psu, and buy the Seg. The MKII will go to a friend of mine, so I have the funds to entirely give myself to this project without restrictions.
    Last edited by electronlibre; 23-10-2019 at 16:05.

I'm Francisco.

I am posting here now, for two reasons : I want to share my version of your mods and I have a few questions about modding the Seg, but this will be done as the process goes on. In my opinion, there are some different parts from those normally used here, that make a (much) better sound. I tried yours and mine. By now I want to make a few simple questions just to save some time, while waiting for the Seg, because I'd like to make an order to save time, as I said before. Tolkins and fuse are already on the way.

So :

- Can anyone tell me what are the values of the Seg capacitors? All capacitors, please.
    - Is there some kind of vernon upgrade for the Seg? I've seen oscon caps, other lytic caps, but no mods like the vernon.

Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread