+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small floorstanding speaker recommendation

I'm richard.

I have a slightly bigger room but my PMC GB1i's - which replaced Dynaudio Audience 52's - work well and don't overload the room. I get good imaging; they are more refined with better clarity. U shud be able to find the 'i' at £400+

I'm Jonathan.

Rega R3s seem to be in short supply!

PMC may work well with the type of music and are slim. Will look for something suitable.

I'm John.

Dali Zensor 5 don't need to much room, 200 - 250mm from the wall, and can be had new well below budget. Had a pair in a 2nd system about a year ago and sounded very good.

I'm Steve.

Tannoy Eclipse 2. Can be had for £129.00 at Richersounds https://www.richersounds.com/tannoy-...-speakers.html

I have a pair about 8 inches from the wall and they sound great. Their big brother the Eclipse 3 were What HIFI award winners.

My brother has the Fyne Audio 500s and had to admit that my Eclipses sounded better. FWIW.
    Steve.

I'm Jonathan.

Thanks for all your recommendations. I actually went only slightly over budget and managed to get some secondhand PMC 20.23s. Sounding great in my system but will not know what they are like with the Roksan system until the end of the month.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12