+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Valve Amplifier

I'm Dan.

Default Wanted Valve Amplifier

Hi

Well the time has come to possibly venture into Valves so i'm looking for one what have you got budget between £300 to £450 -

This could be interesting

Apply within to what you have - this is totally new to me so bare with me...
    System A
    LA Audio A30 Valve Amplifier
    Yamaha CDX 860
    Audio Note ANJ/D Speakers
    Linn Interconnects & Cable Talk Speaker Cable
    Vinyl
    Rega Planar 2 / RB250 / Ortofon OM Super 10 / Van Den Hul Bearing Upgrade - Battery powered Radio Shack Passive Pre
    Second
    Tisbury Passive Pre
    Quad 405
    Rogers LS7 Speakers
    Pioneer PDS 703
    Van Den Hul Speaker Cables & QED Balanced Interconnects

Collection:
    IMF ALS 40 , Tannoy 615 , DC 1000 , ARC 101 , Ruark Talisman , Luxman 507 , Nytech 252 , Cyrus One , Technics 909 Preand Power , Quad 33 - 303 , Sugden A28 , NAD 3020 , Pioneer A300R Precision & 505's , Yamaha CR 1000 & 820 , Marantz 2225

I'm Tom.

Jazid has a cracker at the moment it's here on the forum and right in your budget.

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...hlight=lowther
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST50 supertweeters; Amp - Silvercore 833C monoblocks; preamp TBA watch this space; Vinyl: Schopper'd Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, vintage Ortofon SPU GM and SPU Gold; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Miyajima/Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage Allnic H7000V used with Miyajima ETR-Mono and ETR-Stereo SUTs; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily enhanced AN DAC based on kit but aspiring to DAC5 spec.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Marantz PM-4; Digital: CDP Sony CDP-X3000ES & Arcam rBlink; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT 1503 MkI broadcast arm, Ortofon SPU Classic GM, Ortofon 2-15k SUT and Puresound Tenuto platter mat

I'm Lawrence.

You'll need to decide what speakers you want to use it with. Single ended amps will have a sweeter sound with very high efficiency speakers but if you want to try it with a variety of speakers you'll need push pull, EL34 amps are a great starting point. That's where I started, still got my first one and never looked back.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Jerry.

This has been around a while, goes absolutely fabulous with my Podium 0.5 panels.
    Still, I'm OK with moving it on.
    It comes with Reflektor el84 (fabulous! and Brimar ecc81.
    I'll take £300.

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...integrated-amp
    Last edited by jandl100; 22-10-2019 at 08:53.
    Jerry

i. Qobuz internet streaming > Audiobyte Black Dragon DAC > Hegel H90 > MBL 116F speakers
    Cables : Wyreworld Starlight USB, VdH Thunderline interconnect, W&M LS-06 OR Tellurium Q Silver speaker.
    USB signal pampering : Wired4Sound Recovery & Halide Bridge.
    Headphones : PSB M4U 1, Beyerdynamic DT 250, Stax SR3

ii Internet streaming > Audiolab MDAC > Marantz HD-AMP1 > Infinity Cascade 9 speakers & Jamo SUB200

I'm Dan.

Ohh exciting times i'm buying the LA Audio from Jerry..����
    System A
    Yamaha CDX 860
    Vinyl
    Rega Planar 2 / RB250 / Ortofon OM Super 10 / Van Den Hul Bearing Upgrade - Battery powered Radio Shack Passive Pre
    Second
    Tisbury Passive Pre
    Quad 405
    Rogers LS7 Speakers
    Pioneer PDS 703

Collection:
    IMF ALS 40 , Tannoy 615 , DC 1000 , ARC 101 , Ruark Talisman , Luxman 507 , Nytech 252 , Cyrus One , Technics 909 Preand Power , Quad 33 - 303 , Sugden A28 , NAD 3020 , Pioneer A300R Precision & 505's , Yamaha CR 1000 & 820 , Marantz 2225

I'm Jerry.

Aye, tis a lovely thing - let me know when you're ready and I'll bring it round.
    Jerry

i. Qobuz internet streaming > Audiobyte Black Dragon DAC > Hegel H90 > MBL 116F speakers
    Cables : Wyreworld Starlight USB, VdH Thunderline interconnect, W&M LS-06 OR Tellurium Q Silver speaker.

ii Internet streaming > Audiolab MDAC > Marantz HD-AMP1 > Infinity Cascade 9 speakers & Jamo SUB200

I'm Jerry.

I thought I'd better plug it in and make sure all is OK.

Thar she glows ...

Cor.
    It sounds good.
    If you want to change your mind, Dan, it's not a problem!
    Jerry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Ohh exciting times i'm buying the LA Audio from Jerry..����
    Should be good, most EL84 amps are pretty nice sounding. The Leaks I had were very sweet.

The only exception I've come across is the Icon Audio Stereo 20PP, which managed to be pretty dull and bland.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Should be good, most EL84 amps are pretty nice sounding. The Leaks I had were very sweet.

The only exception I've come across is the Icon Audio Stereo 20PP, which managed to be pretty dull and bland.
    Not what Iíve found with mine Geoff. I still prefer it to the TPA3116. That is with Reflektor and Gold Lion rather than the stock valves though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Aye, tis a lovely thing - let me know when you're ready and I'll bring it round.
    Will do PM incoming...
    System A
    Yamaha CDX 860
    Vinyl
    Second
    Tisbury Passive Pre
    Quad 405
    Rogers LS7 Speakers
    Pioneer PDS 703

Collection:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast