+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opinions of what is the better Dac a Beresford Caiman SEG or the Musical fidelity V90

I'm Tim.

Default Opinions of what is the better Dac a Beresford Caiman SEG or the Musical fidelity V90

Hi All looking for opinions of what is the better Dac a Beresford Caiman SEG or the Musical fidelity V90 Dac please tell me what you think is best and why ?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by tim1750 View Post
    Hi All looking for opinions of what is the better Dac a Beresford Caiman SEG or the Musical fidelity V90 Dac please tell me what you think is best and why ?
    I have heard neither, but you need to hear both in YOUR system, and room, anyone else's experience is specific to THEIR room and system, plus music choices. Asking for this kind of advice is risky, because what works for someone else, in their set up may not for you.
    Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

I have a SEG with Dorado and had a V90. No comparison really. The V90 sounds good with no nasties but the SEG is much better: more analogue, deeper bass, better dynamics

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I have a SEG with Dorado and had a V90. No comparison really. The V90 sounds good with no nasties but the SEG is much better: more analogue, deeper bass, better dynamics
    Thanks Sherwood

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by tim1750 View Post
    Have a read of https://www.whathifi.com/musical-fid...v90-dac/review and https://www.whathifi.com/beresford/caiman/review

Having said that I have a Caiman SEG with a Dorado PSU and it hits the spot musically as far as I am concerned, I think I would need to spend quite a bit more to get an improvement so great VFM and sonically good too IMO. Also there are quite a number of threads on here with people talking about the Caiman SEG.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread