+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: usb v coax

I'm Robin.

Default usb v coax

From a streamer to a dac is there likely to be a loss of quality using the coax rather than usb connections. Asking because the two units don’t want to communicate via usb whereas the coax presents no issues.
    Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by doodoos View Post
    From a streamer to a dac is there likely to be a loss of quality using the coax rather than usb connections. Asking because the two units don’t want to communicate via usb whereas the coax presents no issues.
    What streamer and dac are they? Sounds like a software/driver issue.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    What streamer and dac are they? Sounds like a software/driver issue.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    An Auralic Aries and a Benchmark dac 3 HGC. Despite the Auralic display showing the dac as connected my tablet shows - unable to open output device -. Coax works fine though hence the query.
    Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

I'm Grant.

yup best telling of what the line is. ie what is connected to what. might be a driver issue
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

I'd try connecting both and rebooting both. see if the see each other. otherwise also check cable for issues. contact benchmark and ask if their dac is comparible with the aries
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

quick restart if the mini but may well be all is to .. Press and hold 'EXIT' button on the remote control for 7 seconds to force the system to reboot, or Briefly press the 'RESET' button under the device using a paper clip.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Thanks for that. Tried every which way already hence my use of coax. Just wondered if the coax link is inferior to usb because if not then would save a lot of hassle.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by doodoos View Post
    Thanks for that. Tried every which way already hence my use of coax. Just wondered if the coax link is inferior to usb because if not then would save a lot of hassle.
    unlikely to be inferior tbh. most folk prefer coax, but it would be nice to have both. maybe aries will bring out a driver update.. its, after all just a computer at end of day so id dac doesnt use a standard driver it would need a special
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mark.

Having a quick look at the pages for both the aires and the dac it should connect ok if the dac is set to USB Audio Mode 2, details are here about how to check / set mode 2 https://benchmarkmedia.com/pages/dac-drivers

it maybe worth checking as it says the Dac ships set to mode 1.1 (usb 1.1) woth a look.

Hibster_2000 Guest

If the USB takes the power, then you may find the coax is better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast