+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great British Valve Project

I'm Lawrence.

Default Great British Valve Project

I wish I'd known about this before I bought some NOS valves recently, will buy from them next time to help a worthy project. Does anyone know how they sound?

https://brimaruk.com/menugbvp/about-the-gbvp/

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I wish I'd known about this before I bought some NOS valves recently, will buy from them next time to help a worthy project. Does anyone know how they sound?

https://brimaruk.com/menugbvp/about-the-gbvp/

Looks a great project. I'll be supporting it.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Great news, thanks for sharing, will definitely support this.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Justin.

You have been able to buy them for a good while.

https://brimaruk.com/

I'm gordan.

Is the new bunch of Brimars UK made?

12 GBP for EL84 is peanuts compared to vintage prices.
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm Ian.

When I last looked at these I came away with the impression that the dream hadn't been fulfilled and they were just rebadging third party tubes, have they actually started manufacture now?

I'm Lawrence.

I can't believe that EL84s made in the UK could be sold at that price, they would have to be rebadged Chinese surely? I hope I'm wrong...

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by anubisgrau View Post
    Is the new bunch of Brimars UK made?

12 GBP for EL84 is peanuts compared to vintage prices.
    No. But with each purchase you bring the UK manufacture closer to actually happening.

Or at least that is what it says on the website.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    No. But with each purchase you bring the UK manufacture closer to actually happening.

Or at least that is what it says on the website.
    I think these guys were going to perfect and market a valve tester for about £500. I’ve been waiting patiently for about 2 years.
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Chris.

Anyone have any info on this. I believe the valves they currently sell are foreign made (manufacturer concealed) but thoroughly tested before release. I am really wishing for this project to succeed, but much of the info on the site is old (2019). I have e mailed for an update.
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast