+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Empire 698: my lucky day!

I'm Mike.

Like that
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Adrian.

Very nice indeed!!
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Peter.

You win some, you lose some. Earlier today I managed to break off the cantilever of my Benz Micro Gullwing while dusting off my other turntable - the Thorens TD 147 Jubilee. I have regained my composure, but for a minute I was no happy camper.
    I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosewind View Post
    You win some, you lose some. Earlier today I managed to break off the cantilever of my Benz Micro Gullwing while dusting off my other turntable - the Thorens TD 147 Jubilee. I have regained my composure, but for a minute I was no happy camper.
    oh dear.. travesty.... i hate when that happens
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

montesquieu Guest

Lovely. But is Thule a real place? I thought it was only a place in Greek and Roman mythology ....

Scheisse. That's awful. Have done the same thing but thankfully only to cheaper stuff.

Can I recommend this chap? He's done some great stuff for me in the last year or so. http://holisticaudio.nl/services.html

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Lovely. But is Thule a real place? I thought it was only a place in Greek and Roman mythology ....

Scheisse. That's awful. Have done the same thing but thankfully only to cheaper stuff.

Can I recommend this chap? He's done some great stuff for me in the last year or so. http://holisticaudio.nl/services.html
    +1
    Class act Kilian Bakker of Holistic Audio
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Peter.

Yes, the place is real. As is the Empire 698 and the broken off cantilever ...

Thanks for the suggestion!
    I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm Peter.

YES!
    My insurance company will cover a rebuild done by Benz. So hat's off to them! I have to pay a small cover which is a very little price to pay for being a clumpsy fool.

Otherwise, I have sold off my Thorens TD 147 Jubilee to a sweet guy from Spain who is trying to make a living in Denmark. I wish him all the best of luck. If I could give him a job, I would.

I wil now give the Empire 698 a gentle cleaning and try not break any of the fragile lexan (plastic) parts on it. Then I will move it up on the dedicated turntable shelf above my stereo. When the Benz Micro comes back from the rebuild I will decide whether to mount it on the Empire 698 or to sell it for something less fancy. It will also depend on what phono stage - if any - I get instead of the Van den Hul "The Grail" which is currently for sale in the UK at a dealer's where it can be demoed.

Bigman80 Guest

YES!
    My insurance company will cover a rebuild done by Benz. So hat's off to them! I have to pay a small cover which is a very little price to pay for being a clumpsy fool.

Otherwise, I have sold off my Thorens TD 147 Jubilee to a sweet guy from Spain who is trying to make a living in Denmark. I wish him all the best of luck. If I could give him a job, I would.

I wil now give the Empire 698 a gentle cleaning and try not break any of the fragile lexan (plastic) parts on it. Then I will move it up on the dedicated turntable shelf above my stereo. When the Benz Micro comes back from the rebuild I will decide whether to mount it on the Empire 698 or to sell it for something less fancy. It will also depend on what phono stage - if any - I get instead of the Van den Hul "The Grail" which is currently for sale in the UK at a dealer's where it can be demoed.
    What dealer?

I'm Peter.

Choice Hifi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast