CD Player: Doge 6
    Music discovery: Spotify into Burson V5'd EE Minimax DAC
    Speakers: Teribil Katkista
    RCM: Okki Nokki 2

To the privileged, equality is a backward step

I'm Adrian.

Very nice indeed!!
    [FONT="Arial"]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes

Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S & Michel Cusis MC cartridge, Furutech AG-12-R4 High Performance Phono Cable, LFD MMC special phono stage, Rothwell MCX SUT, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi to Beresford Caiman SEG DAC, Sony 3d blu-Ray for CDs to Caiman SEG, ALLNIC T1500 MKII SET 300B amp, Tannoy Legacy Arden speakers and JBL L100 Century's , Chord Epic speaker leads, & signature links, the Eccose Conductor CA1 cd to pre, I think I am at audio nirvana, but donít tell anyone

I'm Peter.

You win some, you lose some. Earlier today I managed to break off the cantilever of my Benz Micro Gullwing while dusting off my other turntable - the Thorens TD 147 Jubilee. I have regained my composure, but for a minute I was no happy camper.
    DIY DCB1 buffer / EAR 516 power / Quad ESL 57 (One Thing bass panels)
    Vinyl: Empire 698 / Shure M91ED+Rod Elliott mm stage onboard DCB1 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR + Benz Micro Lukaschek PP1
    Digital: Synology NAS / JRiver on Win 10 PC / Nuforce S192U USB to spdif/ Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosewind View Post
    You win some, you lose some. Earlier today I managed to break off the cantilever of my Benz Micro Gullwing while dusting off my other turntable - the Thorens TD 147 Jubilee. I have regained my composure, but for a minute I was no happy camper.
    oh dear.. travesty.... i hate when that happens
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tom.

Lovely. But is Thule a real place? I thought it was only a place in Greek and Roman mythology ....

Scheisse. That's awful. Have done the same thing but thankfully only to cheaper stuff.

Can I recommend this chap? He's done some great stuff for me in the last year or so. http://holisticaudio.nl/services.html
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST50 supertweeters; Amp - Silvercore 833C monoblocks; preamp TBA watch this space; Vinyl: Schopper'd Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, vintage Ortofon SPU GM and SPU Gold; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Miyajima/Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage Allnic H7000V used with Miyajima ETR-Mono and ETR-Stereo SUTs; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily enhanced AN DAC based on kit but aspiring to DAC5 spec.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Marantz PM-4; Digital: CDP Sony CDP-X3000ES & Arcam rBlink; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT 1503 MkI broadcast arm, Ortofon SPU Classic GM, Ortofon 2-15k SUT and Puresound Tenuto platter mat

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Lovely. But is Thule a real place? I thought it was only a place in Greek and Roman mythology ....

Scheisse. That's awful. Have done the same thing but thankfully only to cheaper stuff.

Can I recommend this chap? He's done some great stuff for me in the last year or so. http://holisticaudio.nl/services.html
    +1
    Class act Kilian Bakker of Holistic Audio
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2, Technics EPA-250 Tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge with Fritz Gyger S re-tip, Panzerholz plinth,
    CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable - airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket, Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs with Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Peter.

Yes, the place is real. As is the Empire 698 and the broken off cantilever ...

Thanks for the suggestion!
    Vinyl: Empire 698 / Shure M91ED+Rod Elliott mm stage onboard DCB1 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR + Benz Micro Lukaschek PP1
    Digital: Synology NAS / JRiver on Win 10 PC / Nuforce S192U USB to spdif/ Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm Peter.

YES!
    My insurance company will cover a rebuild done by Benz. So hat's off to them! I have to pay a small cover which is a very little price to pay for being a clumpsy fool.

Otherwise, I have sold off my Thorens TD 147 Jubilee to a sweet guy from Spain who is trying to make a living in Denmark. I wish him all the best of luck. If I could give him a job, I would.

I wil now give the Empire 698 a gentle cleaning and try not break any of the fragile lexan (plastic) parts on it. Then I will move it up on the dedicated turntable shelf above my stereo. When the Benz Micro comes back from the rebuild I will decide whether to mount it on the Empire 698 or to sell it for something less fancy. It will also depend on what phono stage - if any - I get instead of the Van den Hul "The Grail" which is currently for sale in the UK at a dealer's where it can be demoed.

I'm Oliver.

YES!
    My insurance company will cover a rebuild done by Benz. So hat's off to them! I have to pay a small cover which is a very little price to pay for being a clumpsy fool.

Otherwise, I have sold off my Thorens TD 147 Jubilee to a sweet guy from Spain who is trying to make a living in Denmark. I wish him all the best of luck. If I could give him a job, I would.

I wil now give the Empire 698 a gentle cleaning and try not break any of the fragile lexan (plastic) parts on it. Then I will move it up on the dedicated turntable shelf above my stereo. When the Benz Micro comes back from the rebuild I will decide whether to mount it on the Empire 698 or to sell it for something less fancy. It will also depend on what phono stage - if any - I get instead of the Van den Hul "The Grail" which is currently for sale in the UK at a dealer's where it can be demoed.
    What dealer?

I'm Peter.

Choice Hifi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast