+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Censorship of music reviews.

I'm Lawrence.

What's the relationship between DGM and KC? If DGM just bought the rights it's not really KC's fault.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    What's the relationship between DGM and KC? If DGM just bought the rights it's not really KC's fault.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    The relationship is provided here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discipline_Global_Mobile and is one in the same
    As I said in an earlier post it would appear something additional or separate, to normal free expression allowed on You tube,
    has occurred. DGM's position as I understand, is its artists, retain all copyrights.

It remains necessary I consider to understand what areas of copyright have been infringed, before jumping to conclusions.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    Darren's you Tube channels have now closed. It would be interesting to hear from DGM's point of view,
    but if currently before the courts, that has to await their determination.

There looks to be more to this, than just a viewpoint expressed ( free expression ) about KC albums.
    https://www.youtube.com/about/polici...ity-guidelines
    From Darrens now closed channel he mentioned that it was Declan Colgan Music on behalf of DGM that was pursuing Darren. That his channel is now gone completely is a disgrace and angers me.

There will be no courts as Darren is not wealthy and this centres on DGM and DCM using you tube reporting system to shut him down. So the appeal is with You Tube to prove he did not do what DGM claim. Stopping DGM and DCM abusing the reporting system again, which I believe they have done, as I saw no copyright infringement in the reviews is impossible. No doubt they would do it again, and again, and again. If Darren broke copyright then the material needed removed. I dont support copyright thieves, but in this case I believe he didnt.

He broke no copyright doing those reviews and yet they win in shutting him up, destroying an excellent music review channel, one that no doubt brought DGM sales, as he reviewed many DGM artists, Penguin Cafe Orchestra to name one, other than KC.

Anyway my mind is made up no DGM artist or DCM represented artist will ever get my money again, because those parties will benefit as well.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

best way to stop them is to hit them in the pocket, as they are only there for that obviously.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    The relationship is provided here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discipline_Global_Mobile and is one in the same
    As I said in an earlier post it would appear something additional or separate, to normal free expression allowed on You tube,
    has occurred. DGM's position as I understand, is its artists, retain all copyrights.

It remains necessary I consider to understand what areas of copyright have been infringed, before jumping to conclusions.
    Good luck with that, because my understanding is that neither DGM, or DCM would tell Darren. His view was because he hadn't and what was done to him was personal, coming from Declan Colgan Music, who had a grudge against Darren. On that I can not say more, only report what Darren said, and I have done in good faith. What I can say is I saw the reviews, and as far as I am concerned I saw no breach of copyright, nothing a claim could be made regarding that review material.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    best way to stop them is to hit them in the pocket, as they are only there for that obviously.
    Grant I support artists who every they are, in whatever medium, and their right to deal with copyright theft so if this had been the case I would not have written anything. From what Darren said on his now gone channel, these attacks, and the attack in this case was personal. The ins and outs of that I dont know. All I know, believe is DGM, DCM abused you tubes reporting system by making false copyright claims to shut Darren down. In that they succeeded. No doubt they will disagree.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12