+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: usb v coax

I'm Edward.

Did you see this page?

https://support.auralic.com/hc/en-us...-output-device

Also perhaps try connecting the DAC to another USB output. Such as from a PC for example. This should give you an idea where the blockage is to allow further analysis.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Tony.

Hi Robin

USB is only used as it has billions of connection possibilities with PC's/Lab tops and other items in the IOT range of products etc.
    USB will allow higher sample rates due to DoP and DSD many companies have attempted to improve USB audio data transmission over the years with varying success. Unless your dac and transport can utilize duel digital outputs of either AES or RCA ala' Esoteric or DCS.

Personally I will not use USB straight, I have always found AES67 to be the most consistence performer even over I2S via HDMI can even demonstrate the jitter patterns through the cables to support this. However as always YMMV

It is all about implementation and adopting the correct care in the design process imho
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Hi Robin

USB is only used as it has billions of connection possibilities with PC's/Lab tops and other items in the IOT range of products etc.
    USB will allow higher sample rates due to DoP and DSD many companies have attempted to improve USB audio data transmission over the years with varying success. Unless your dac and transport can utilize duel digital outputs of either AES or RCA ala' Esoteric or DCS.

Personally I will not use USB straight, I have always found AES67 to be the most consistence performer even over I2S via HDMI can even demonstrate the jitter patterns through the cables to support this. However as always YMMV

It is all about implementation and adopting the correct care in the design process imho
    Hi Tony

Interesting.

Both my dacs have Aes/ebu inputs.

How do I get a signal from a pc (half height etc) to the Dac? The only outputs the pc has are USB and spdif. (need to check the motherboard manual mind you).

Is there a bridge of some sort I could consider?

Meantime hope all is well.

Ed

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Tony.

Hello Edward

I am fine thank you just somewhat busy as usual.

PC use can use a pro audio pcie card with a 90 degree adapter is one option.

These are pretty acceptable

RME Option

Though you may struggle with the height.

The Linx version will require an adapter cable to give you the AES female sockets

Linx PCIE

This purely depends on how far you wish to go.

Another option is the Mutec MC3+USB it delivers USB to a very decent standard plus with flexibility and a word clock generator plus format conversion.

Mutec MC3+USB
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Hello Edward

I am fine thank you just somewhat busy as usual.

PC use can use a pro audio pcie card with a 90 degree adapter is one option.

These are pretty acceptable

RME Option

Though you may struggle with the height.

The Linx version will require an adapter cable to give you the AES female sockets

Linx PCIE

This purely depends on how far you wish to go.

Another option is the Mutec MC3+USB it delivers USB to a very decent standard plus with flexibility and a word clock generator plus format conversion.

Mutec MC3+USB
    Cheers Tony

Much appreciated. The Mutec/USB combo looks most interesting.

The RME and Linx options would, for me, require a reconfiguration of the PC I use as an end point but probabky gives max flexibility.

Meantime I hope that Robin the OP finds out what the issue is on his problem and does not mind this minor thread drift.

§

I'm Robin.

Tony is a good egg - always willing to help! Thread derails? Who cares!
    Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12