Further to my previous (and first!) post in the "welcome" section....

I have an Audio Analogue Maestro CD player, and I've recently changed my Mono Pulse speakers (for sale btw) for some Neat Iota Alpha's (lounge re-arrange, smaller size needed!) but my amp, an Audio Analogue Puccini SE has expired!

So, I'm now looking for another amp... Something that would sound as good, or ideally better than the Puccini and I'd like to go UK made as well.

A friend recommended a Rega Elicit-R, but quite expensive (for me) so, unless it would blow me away, maybe the Elex-R? Or possibly something from Naim?... or other suggestions please. I'd be looking to buy pre-loved/ex-demo, ideally £5-£700.

My main focus is on sound quality, but I'd like a remote and if it can be connected to a device to stream that would be handy, but not essential - I've just bought a Tangent Ampster for my 'man-cave' so have dipped my toe, for the first time into streaming from my phone!

I like a smooth sound, nothing harsh or bright, but I like clarity and detail, but not clinical, if that makes sense at all!

I know the way to decide is to audition, but any suggestions as to what to audition would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks