+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Croft 7 Monos

I'm Ian.

Default Croft 7 Monos

I've asked about 7 monos before some time ago but there seemed to be very limited ownership of these (though I've just been reading a thread Jimbo posted back in 2013). Anyone have any experience of going from the 7 Stereo to Monos ? Appreciate there may still be limited experience of this but worth asking. Cheers.

I'm Alan.

If you are tempted by Croft 7 monos then look at my Firebottle hybid monos https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...id-valve-monos

They were inspired by the Croft 7 but include voltage regulation and linearisation of the valve driver.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    If you are tempted by Croft 7 monos then look at my Firebottle hybid monos https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...id-valve-monos

They were inspired by the Croft 7 but include voltage regulation and linearisation of the valve driver.
    Cheers Alan, Spotted these and they do look interesting but I'm going to stay brand loyal ! All the best with the sale.

I'm tony.

Got hammered last night or this morning with my son.

Plumbed in my 57s with my sons croft 7......what a terrific noise they made.

I reckon monos could be on my radar.

I'm Karl.

No experience with the 7 but my 7R monos are the most spacious , airy and open amps ive heard in a home environment. Absolutely stunning . With the valves upgraded to 50s RCA 12bh7a they became even richer and more detailed. They are going nowhere thats for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Ian.

On valves, and having just said elsewhere that tube rolling isn't really my thing, I understand the 7 have 12bh7a, ECC82 or ECC 89. Thinking Gold Lion re-issues ?

+ Reply to Thread